Wherein we ask each other dialect questions we don't quite understand

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
As for cricket...I've seen snippets of matches, but have never seen a whole game. I don't even understand the scoring system.

Me neither! Never did. To be fair, I haven't the slightest inkling how American Football works, either (that one's not a request for information!)

Janx

Hero
Me neither! Never did. To be fair, I haven't the slightest inkling how American Football works, either (that one's not a request for information!)

really? Like 90% of all sports games involve getting a thingy from one side of the map to a goal area of the other side.

So football, soccer, tennis, basketball, hockey, la crosse, beer pong are all just variations on the same theme.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
really? Like 90% of all sports games involve getting a thingy from one side of the map to a goal area of the other side.

So football, soccer, tennis, basketball, hockey, la crosse, beer pong are all just variations on the same theme.

Tennis is the same as American Football? Now you're just messing with me! :D

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Well...both are USUALLY* played on green grass with white stripes on it, and grunting is involved.

* everything after the asterisk is variable.

Janx

Hero
Tennis is the same as American Football? Now you're just messing with me! :D

absolutely the same game. :)

just different fetishes about how you touch the ball and how many people on the field at once. Once it crosses the end zone, the crowd goes wild.

Heck, tennis is just volleyball for people who are afraid to touch the ball with their hands.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
absolutely the same game. :)

just different fetishes about how you touch the ball and how many people on the field at once. Once it crosses the end zone, the crowd goes wild.

Heck, tennis is just volleyball for people who are afraid to touch the ball with their hands.

I dare you to hit a 150mph ball with your hands!

Bullgrit

Adventurer
Speaking of cricket and tennis: the kids in my neighborhood playing cricket use a heavy tennis ball. Looks like a tennis ball, but is heavier. Is this a cricket ball?

I haven't played with them (no clue how), but I have picked up the ball a couple of times.

Bullgrit

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Speaking of cricket and tennis: the kids in my neighborhood playing cricket use a heavy tennis ball. Looks like a tennis ball, but is heavier. Is this a cricket ball?

Probably. A cricket ball is a similar size, but heavy and it's *solid*. Heavier than a baseball. That thing hits you in the face, you're not getting up again!

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
148847-004-475D2789.jpg Cricket Ball and Bat

I have seen white 'training' balls too but red is standard, the balls are cork covered in leather.
A lighter tennis ball type is used for children.

Remove ads