• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wheres the Banshee?

Anime Kidd

Explorer
Out of boredom I wrote up the Island of Avalon as portrayed on Disney's Gargoyles but with a slight D&D twist, an outer plane with a sentient island, it being the source of all magic and Fey-kind, and can only be reached through the Astral and Ethereal planes on a magical skiff.
As I was writing a brief description on those Childeron of Oberon that were seen in the series, I noticed that there are no banshees in 3E, yet there is a spell based upon the power of the banshee, Wail of the Banshee. Now I haven't looked on these monster boards (can't use search) or any other monster boards (don't know nay others), but I did look throguht the 3.5 SRD and didn't see "Banshee" listed. Is there a 3E banshee? or would it be some sort of ghost with a Wail of the Banshee power?

Krishnath

First Post
Anime Kidd said:
Thanks for the quick reply. Thats why I love this place. :)

Now it looks like another book I gotta find. :p
Ya' might want to get your paws on the Fiend Folio aswell, as there are several fey that should fit your game in it, such as the Fossergrim, Feytouched, Half-fey, and Oread. :D

the Jester

Legend
The Tome of Horrors has what is prolly a more faithful conversion (listed under "groaning spirit," just like in the original MM). The official banshee is something like CR 17.

Remove ads