• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Which ability score would you like to increase to 18 in real life?

Which ability score?

• Strength

• Dexterity

• Constitution

• Intelligence

• Wisdom

• Charisma

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ganders

Explorer
There are people in the real world who can tell you how they like having just one high attribute.

I believe most of those with high INT would recommend choosing one of the others.

Throughout the last couple of thousand years, high CON has been a favorite. But that was mostly before the proliferation of modern medicine.

BookBarbarian

Expert Long Rester
I regularly lift heavy weights in an effort to increase my real life Strength.

And I still would pick Constitution 100% of the time.

At most Strength training takes a couple of hours out of my day 4 days a week. But bettering my health is a constant never ending battle.

Dausuul

Legend
Throughout the last couple of thousand years, high CON has been a favorite. But that was mostly before the proliferation of modern medicine.
Modern medicine is wonderful, but it's also a very long way from being able to fix all the things that can go wrong in a human body. Besides, getting sick and being cured is a lousy experience compared to not getting sick in the first place.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Have to go with Charisma--the real life superpower.

This is causing me to think about how one really can't increase constitution without ancillary increases to physical strength (and vice versa--minus, uh, chemical enhancements). But physical strength winds up being really important for health.
I regularly lift heavy weights in an effort to increase my real life Strength.

And I still would pick Constitution 100% of the time.

At most Strength training takes a couple of hours out of my day 4 days a week. But bettering my health is a constant never ending battle.
That’s why I chose Dex. You literally couldn’t have an 18 Dex IRL without healthy joints, bones, lungs, etc, and decent musculature, and the activities that improve health that I enjoy are very Dex heavy, and if I was more coordinated I’d enjoy them even more by virtue of not having to struggle against clumsiness to do them well.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
That’s why I chose Dex. You literally couldn’t have an 18 Dex IRL without healthy joints, bones, lungs, etc, and decent musculature, and the activities that improve health that I enjoy are very Dex heavy, and if I was more coordinated I’d enjoy them even more by virtue of not having to struggle against clumsiness to do them well.
Sure, but healthy could easily mean 12. I'd rather have that 18.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads