• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Which ability score would you like to increase to 18 in real life?

Which ability score?

• Strength

• Dexterity

• Constitution

• Intelligence

• Wisdom

• Charisma

Results are only viewable after voting.
Take diabetes off the table then.

Magically making oneself more resistant to dying is going to have broad appeal to many human beings.
I agree to this. Probably the stat most closely associated to longevity by a college mile and if you ask most people ages 25 and up "would you like an extra 25 point higher placement in the percentiles of longevity, strength, coordination/dexterity, wisdom, charisma, or intelligence" many of them will answer with longevity. Ask them again at 50 and probably a good 80% of them will say longevity. At 75 it might actually drop off a little to like 75% but the ones that still answer with longevity now probably say it with far less hesitation. Just my guess. I voted strength because i already have a high score in the stats i value most. Im not below average in anything actually. That could probably be said for most people on this site. D&d correlates with people who are above average in all 6 stats to varying degrees of deviance. (A lot of people dont believe this due to decades of mostly indirect effects of cold war propaganda and the way counter culture is often percieved.)

Last edited:

BookBarbarian

Expert Long Rester
I agree to this. Probably the stat most closely associated to longevity by a college mile and if you ask most people ages 25 and up "would you like an extra 25 point higher placement in the percentiles of longevity, strength, coordination/dexterity, wisdom, charisma, or intelligence" many of them will answer with longevity. Ask them again at 50 and probably a good 80% of them will say longevity. At 75 it might actually drop off a little to like 75% but the ones that still answer with longevity now probably say it with far less hesitation. Just my guess. I voted strength because i already have a high score in the stats i value most. Im not below average in anything actually. That could probably be said for most people on this site. D&d correlates with people who are above average in all 6 stats to varying degrees of deviance. (A lot of people dont believe this due to decades of mostly indirect effects of cold war propaganda and the way counter culture is often percieved.)
Even as you get older you might care less about longevity, but you'll care more about relief from everyday aches, pains, and injures.

Any 75 year old would go for a sure fire way to make them feel 60 again much less 40 or 30. Not because they would live longer, but because they would live whatever time they have left far easier.

Even as you get older you might care less about longevity, but you'll care more about relief from everyday aches, pains, and injures.

Any 75 year old would go for a sure fire way to make them feel 60 again much less 40 or 30. Not because they would live longer, but because they would live whatever time they have left far easier.
There are certainly some people who by the time they get to 75 arent wanting to live longer as much as they used to. For various reasons. But the majority of peiple continue to become more and more desperate to live longer. There is a drop i think but not much.

The part im guessing at is the amount. Not the trend. It trends upward for most of a humans lifespan. That part i remember for sure. Its not my direct area of study. But its adjacent.

It is very uncommon for old people not to remark that they want to live longer when they are on death's door. Attribute that to fear if you like but its still a professed (very commonly i might add) desire for more years.

Dausuul

Legend
This hits home for me. I took a couple Latin/Swing/Ballroom classes in college. I was dancing about 15 hours a week. I lost weight and gained quite a bit of confidence. Between those two gains and the endorphins you get from exercise it was very helpful with my depression.
Similar experience here; I only wish I hadn't waited until age 35 to start. It's done quite a lot for my health, both physical and emotional.

Best of luck on the recovery!
Thanks. I start PT tomorrow. I'm starting to get a little use out of the shoulder again (very... carefully...), which is a relief.

Let's go with CHA. I would like to more frequently avoid speeding/ parking tickets.
Wis and int are more efficient for that

Wis if you wanna play it safe

Int if you dont care about safety but you wanna worm your way out of it with a legal degree or bribes (intelligence correlates more massively woth money than any other stat)

Dex is less efficient than cha but more fun. Just dont use plates and race the cops

Im not responsible for anything that happens unless you reasonably can attribute it to wis

Actually no. My int is too high. I absolve all responsibility. This comment doesnt exist. U didnt see it. Its not advice or encouragement. Your decisions have nothing to do with me.

Casts invisibility

Welcome to Lake Wobegon, where all the women are strong, all the men are good-looking, and all the D&D players are above average.
Ummm no. Its real (unlike strong women and 80% of good looking men). Look into it if u care. Otherwise dont. It doesnt affect me. But u might as well know if you are interested in it. Fun fact, games that engage active cognitive skills of a broad variety correlate with genetically healthy individuals. Who wouldve thought. (Also check out highschool varsity teem members. Jocks, as it turns out, are more likely to be gifted in all academic areas than the average person. Jocks and nerds are actually usually the same people. Most stereotypes are more true than false but a few are more false than true)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads