• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which alignment would kill the frenzied berserker in his sleep? Choose all that apply

Which alignment would kill the frenzied berserker in his sleep?

frankthedm

First Post
I should have seen it coming. The screaming fury, slicing foes in twain, the brutality, all should have hinted something was wrong, but that’s the way the barbarian always was. But now Grunk was different. He could now cut boulders in half, but he couldn’t always stop killing. Even after the foes were gone, he didn’t stop swinging. Sometimes he’d snap out of it in time, but he sometimes didn’t. Grunk nearly took the cleric’s head off before he came to his senses today. We all knew Grunk could not be asked to leave. What other choice was there?

Last edited:

Agent Oracle

First Post
LG: "My one time friend has become a danger to himself and others! His bloodthirst knows no limitations! I fear this may be the only sollution." (draws Mercy Dagger) "Go gently, friend." (STABITY!)

LN: "His rages frighten me! before there was a savage pleasure in his rage, but now, only mindless tenacity. Still... I cannot. There must be another way..."

LE: "That fool almost destroyed months of careful work when he attacked our cleric. His might could be turned to my ends... but I know it is the rage of a thunderstorm, beyond my control. Perhaps, perhaps i cam blaim this on a wondering monster..." (Draws weaponblacked dagger.)

CG: Huhuhuhuhuh dude, when he was all like "YeeahhH!" and we were all like "aieee!!" and he was like "rrraaagghhh!!!" and the axe? huhuhuhuh.. Awesome."

CN: "Hmmm... danger, danger to.... meee.... (stabbity)

CE: (stabed him in his sleep long, long ago.)

Gremory

First Post
I also voted for each and every one. I think that if you're playing alignment exactly as it's written in the PHB & Book of Exalted Deeds and other official sources, though, Lawful Good would be out, and probably Neutral Good too. I dunno, though, in any game I run it's fair game if you think it's right.

Alignment does not dictate your actions. Actions dictate your alignment. Every LG paladin can fall from grace and thus can commit evil at any time, anywhere, by choice. His alignment may change afterwards...

Alignment doesn't prevent or force anyone doing anything, EVER.

frankthedm

First Post
VirgilCaine said:
Ditto. A threat to one's personal safety transcends all alignments.
No it doesn't, but as it happens, the threat presented by a Frenzied Berserker goes far beyond one's own personal safety!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads