• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which class would YOU step into?

You're going to take on the role of ...

• Mage

Votes: 109 53.2%
  • Cleric

Votes: 37 18.0%
  • Warrior

Votes: 30 14.6%
  • Thief

Votes: 29 14.1%

Driddle

First Post
Prompted by rediscovering my old copy of "Dream Park" (Niven & Barnes):

Given the opportunity to step into one of the four basic fantasy classes for actual physical roleplaying, which would you feel most comfortable in and be able to carry off with at least a little panache?

dungeon

First Post
i would be a fighter! but hey every class sounds good to me! :) someone anyone respond to this plz... hey Driddle can i put u on my friends list? please?

Last edited:

EdL

First Post
Driddle said:
Prompted by rediscovering my old copy of "Dream Park" (Niven & Barnes):

Given the opportunity to step into one of the four basic fantasy classes for actual physical roleplaying, which would you feel most comfortable in and be able to carry off with at least a little panache?

None of the above.
No practical experiance as a fighter.
Lousy memory makes for a lousy wizard.
I have nothing but contempt for an organized religion, so no cleric.
Way too clumsy to be a rogue.
That's why I play RPGs in the first place! :]

Last edited:

Monk if it were offerred, but I voted Mage.

I have no knowledge or experience with arcane magic/witchcraft, but I feel like I've got a good grasp on D&D thaumaturgy. More than that, though, I'm an academic. If I was going to study magic, I'd have to concentrate on true name research, magical grammars, and power word magics. I could get a job at a wizard's college teaching remedial verbal spell component pronunciation.

I, too, am an anti-fan of organized religion, but oddly enough, I tend to be fairly religious. I could go cleric if I had to.

Not too great in most weapons forms, but I suppose that I can hold my own. Laziness lowers a person's Con, though, so fighter wouldn't work.

Thief is just such a vulgar word with such negative connotations. That, and I'm a bit clumsy sometimes.

Gahnomen

First Post
Would have to be the thief I think. Stay out of harm's way and put in a good backstab when it's needed. That, and I can do some sleight-of-handing.

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
Wizard. One of the "blow crap up" variety.

True, it would be nice to be a warrior and protect the innocent. I would relish being a thief and discovering forgotten mysteries. The path of the clerical healer plays strongly to my empathy for my fellow man. But I have a daughter and she's going to have boyfriends.

Yeah. I'm gonna need to be able to blow crap up.

Remove ads