• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Which current D&D settings have you used outside the published adventures?

Which setting do you continue to use?

• Forgotten Realms (multiple)

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • Saltmarsh (Greyhawk)

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Curse of Strahd (Ravenloft)

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Wildemount

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eberron

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Theros (trick question it’s not out yet!)

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Ravnica

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • One of the MtG / D&D pdf crossovers by James Wyatt

• Avernus

Shiroiken

Legend
I've been running Greyhawk since 5E came out. I'm currently running Saltmarsh, and have a general campaign outline that will end with the Final Enemy. Prior to that I ran a Furyond/Veluna/Keoland campaign based on classic 1E Greyhawk adventures. Afterwards I ran a Nyrond campaign, but that one didn't pan out the way I wanted. After Saltmarsh (and a hiatus), I've got three different campaign ideas already in mind (not to mention a fourth my players showed interest in during the Nyrond campaign).

Nice thing about Greyhawk is that there's a lot of information from prior editions, and most of the mechanics are fairly irrelevant. Purists like myself might limit options available to fit the setting, but others can "kitchen sink" the setting. Really the only aspect the setting really lacks is an oriental region, which was supposed to be Kara-Tur in the west, before it was absconded by the Realms.

teitan

Legend
I currently use, and have since the 3e book came out, the Forgotten Realms but debating on using Wildemount for my next campaign. It's really good.

Coroc

Hero
Really the only aspect the setting really lacks is an oriental region, which was supposed to be Kara-Tur in the west, before it was absconded by the Realms.

Well it has got oriental regions and even some oriental flavored god. Sultanate of Zeif comes to my mind and some other stuff which is detailed very vague, but you got a place and some parameters to fit it in if you really want to.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Well, not yet, but I'm working on converting reflavoring Forge of Fury to Eberron and will be playing it on PbP here on ENworld. One day.

Did you continue to adventure in Ravenloft after Curse of Strahd? Do you have a home brew Eberron campaign?

Which of the current D&D setting books/adventures have you continued with after (or instead of) using the published adventure portion?

(ie not a completely homebrewed Dragonlance campaign — you have to be using an existing 5E book)
I don't use published adventure paths, so the idea of "continuing to use" doesn't really apply. If I use a published adventure it is to drop it into an ongoing campaign. So I have dropped Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh into Eberron, and The Styles into the Forgotten Realms, because that was where the campaign happened to be.

Shiroiken

Legend
Well it has got oriental regions and even some oriental flavored god. Sultanate of Zeif comes to my mind and some other stuff which is detailed very vague, but you got a place and some parameters to fit it in if you really want to.
My impression of the Bakunish is more fantasy Arabia than oriental. The Panynims seem mongolian, which again leads to the oriental region further off to the west.

S'mon

Legend
5e Primeval Thule.

My 5e campaigns currently are Primeval Thule, Golarion (using mash up of Runelords APs), and FR Princes of the Apocalypse.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads