• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which do you prefer out of a Level 1000 characther?

Joël of the FoS

First Post
Slife said:
You should have gone for the Transfinite Epic Level handbook instead. Personally, though, I prefer the imaginary level handbook.

My (-14323)^.5 level sorcerer can kill this fighter hands down.

He sure got a good range for his fireballs :)

Joël

moritheil

First Post
Okay, this is seriously the best response yet. Wingsandsword wins.

wingsandsword said:
20 years old and 1000th level?

If it floats their boat, sure, but even the bad DM's I know would trim off about 3 zeros off that level (maybe just 2 zeros).

Of course, now I think of what the treasure value of a character that high would be, and what a character would have to do.

Some friends theorized about this a while back, we came up with a postulate we call "lootworld".

The basic concept is, once a party becomes so high level that they can kill everything on their planet, take it's stuff and XP, they then kill the deities of their world, take their stuff. Then, via spelljamming, they travel to crystal sphere after crystal sphere and kill them and take their stuff, as the entire wealth of worlds is accumulated behind them, so large it not only develops it's own gravity, it retains an atmosphere, and becomes impossible to tow, so a "lootworld" is retained as a homeworld by these ever-levelling super(anti)heroes, as it gathers the entire material weath of the material plane, as well as most of the outer planes, leaving billions and billions of dead mortals and hundreds of dead gods in their wake.

I figure that's what a character has to do to reach Level 1000, especially to get the appropriate treasure level.

The plan starts to break down once overdeities start sealing their Crystal Spheres and severing planar connections to keep everything out, to protect their worlds, or they run into deities with the Salient Divine Abilty combination of Supreme Initiative and Life & Death (i.e. automatically goes first in combat before any non-divine being, and can kill any number of non-divine being at any range including across planar boundaries with no saving throw.), Even though they gave gods stats, they still have a few "I automatically win over mortals" powers. That or their genocide of entire worlds gets them sucked into Ravenloft, where they promptly become Dark Lords and are never seen again, and eventually the overdeities of the pillaged worlds rebuild their ruined spheres, leaving the mythical golden planet of "lootworld" somewhere unknown out there in the cosmos.

moritheil

First Post
Delemental said:
So, is there a motivation I've missed? I don't want to automatically assume 'troll', so perhaps you're hoping for something else.

You need look no further than his posts on the first page.

Oh yeah, I just figure out what my fighter HP is! 28,000 HP!

It is part of his nefarious scheme to inflict bad English upon unwary board readers! :uhoh:

Xombie Master

First Post
*nefarious scheme announcement music*

dum dum dum duhhhhhhhhhhm!

*looks of shock an awe at all who see the nefarious scheme face, and hear the nefarious scheme music.*

Greywarden

Explorer
Xombie Master said:
At least if you take the feat Magic Math!
I don't allow that feat in my campaigns... I don't know, something seems to be wrong with the numbers used in example they give in the sidebar for it.

Xombie Master

First Post
I don't allow that feat in my campaigns... I don't know, something seems to be wrong with the numbers used in example they give in the sidebar for it.
But that's not fair! I paid good money for this book with this feat and I should get to use it even though it makes no sense and actually will go great lengths to overcomplicate an already complicated game! :p

Does that mean I can't play my Half Tarresque-Half Elven Wizard/Ranger/Monk/Paladin/Assassin? According to the book if someone shrinks the Tarresque down with a "Polymorph Creatures with Spell Immunity" spell, then my Elven mother mates with it, I can play this awesome new race. Then the Dual Alignment feat lets me effectively have two completely different alignments, allowing me to play a Paladin who kills people for money. It's balanced I swear! :]

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads