• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which do your players prefer?

Which do your players prefer?

• Hack-n-slash

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • Role Playing

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Mix of Both

Votes: 46 73.0%

NiTessine

Explorer
Some prefer roleplaying, some prefer hack 'n' slash, one is in favor of balanced, and one likes to sit back and let everyone else make the decisions.

DarkJester

First Post
We are a group of 8 young ones, At the moment we have 4 hack and slash,2 that enjoy both,1 who doesn't do much either way, and 1 who is really into the min max of things.

Last edited:

333 Dave

First Post
My players are totall hack & slash min-max munchkins.
"But the chart in the DMG says that I could get an Earing of Dexterity +1!"
"Well I said you can't!"
"YOU SUCK!"

Songwind

First Post
Mix 'em up

My players like to get in some roleplaying and some non-combat gaming (like investigation, item creation, social interaction, etc) but still have a chance every now and then to mix it up.

Dark Jezter

First Post
My group is hard to round up sometimes, and we seldom know when our next game will be. Because of this, we perfer hack 'n slash over a long, drawn out storyline that will take several sessions to play out.

I mean, if we can only get together once per month, my players would much rather charge into monster-infested ancient ruins for glory and gold than trying to find out who has been ordering the assinations of high-ranking government officials in the city of Waterdeep. :)

mmadsen

First Post
I've found that many groups who enjoy Hack-n-Slash enjoy it even more when they're hackin' 'n' slashin' someone they have a reason to hate. At the very least, mix in some pro rasslin' style story lines, so that when the trash-talkin' Orc sergeant finally gets what's comin' to 'im, the players are hyped about it.

Remove ads