• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Which Enworlders do you want to game with?

Richards

Legend
Is this a 5 minute argument or the full half hour?
1678585093822.png

Johnathan

You know it's a good first level game when two party members almost drops, one drops, and you wind up crying in a corner, rocking, holding your knees during a short rest while waiting for the enemies you let escape circle back to finish the job.
And the GM says the line, "Everywhere they had eyeballs are now full of dust."

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
You know it's a good first level game when two party members almost drops, one drops, and you wind up crying in a corner, rocking, holding your knees during a short rest while waiting for the enemies you let escape circle back to finish the job.
Having literally had almost exactly this situation happen in not one but two different games....yeah....not my cup of tea.

This is kind of happened at the start of my group's latest adventure in Tyranny of Dragons. We got better thankfully.

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
Having literally had almost exactly this situation happen in not one but two different games....yeah....not my cup of tea.
In my DM's defense:

There are 6 players in our party.
I nearly went down because my character is an Esper with a d6 hit dice who foolishly tried to protect the Goblin Alchemist who managed to stay hidden, drawing attention to herself in the process.
Zophia wound up crying in a corner because before the battle started she picked up the psychic impression of a terrible loss across the entire forest, far beyond what any one mortal might feel. As if something or someone of great import had been lost and had been roleplaying her as devastated by that loss since she got the impression.

I just thought it was funnier to leave out the context.
This is kind of happened at the start of my group's latest adventure in Tyranny of Dragons. We got better thankfully.
I'm sure we'll be fine. I'm just that kinda roleplayer who puts a d6 hit dice character into a precarious situation because of her extreme emotional state and terror of losing a goblin.

Remove ads