• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which Greyhawk?

Which variants of Greyhawk would you buy?

Fans of Greyhawk have been accused of having rabies and being necrophiliacs, among other things. But the most cutting accusation is that there's no reason to make anything for us, because we're hopeless divided and can't agree on what to buy. Are we?

GVDammerung

First Post
haakon1 said:
Fans of Greyhawk have been accused of having rabies and being necrophiliacs, among other things. But the most cutting accusation is that there's no reason to make anything for us, because we're hopeless divided and can't agree on what to buy. Are we?

No offense but I see this poll as entirely too hypothetical as some of the options are realistically non-starters. If anything, this poll encourages GHers to choose up opposing sides, validating the sterotype of divided GHers, as there is no all encompassing or compromise options, only options that divide. I respectfully refuse to vote.

Treebore

First Post
Philotomy Jurament said:
Couldn't you check more than one?

If that was the case the OP didn't say we could. I am fine with buying all versions of GH, because I have, except 3E. I even used "From the Ashes", just greatly toned down and not so extremely successful for Iuz. Of course since I run a "Dynamic" GH setting, I also had a plethora of past PC's that exist in my GH campaign as NPC's, and they were very successful at breaking Iuz' offensives. Which in turn made it easier for low level PC's to do their part.

Glyfair

Explorer
Treebore said:
If that was the case the OP didn't say we could.

See the squares by the poll answers? That means that you can choose as many answers as you wish. That's standard for internet polls. Circles mean you can only choose one.

Now, I tend to be specific about that when I make polls like that. Everyone doesn't though. Especially when the question assumes you can make multiple choices.

ivocaliban

First Post
Glyfair said:
See the squares by the poll answers? That means that you can choose as many answers as you wish. That's standard for internet polls. Circles mean you can only choose one.

Now, I tend to be specific about that when I make polls like that. Everyone doesn't though. Especially when the question assumes you can make multiple choices.

Also, if you look at the poll results you'll see that the author of the OP choose more than one answer, as well.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
I find it odd, almost comical, that so many people support Paizohawk (which includes references to FtA) while only a small fraction of those people also support FtA.

Darkwolf445

First Post
I chose Gygax and From the Ashes.

But I still don't want anything else created for the setting. I like it just it pretty much the way it is (or was).

jimpaladin

First Post
I think the OP had a loaded question to put to Greyhawkers'. Of course I have my favorites and like them, the probelm is that in realitive terms "NOTHING" is put out for Greyhawk. I mean look at 3rd edition the LGG was great but that was it. The little nuggets here or there in a corebook don't a setting make. Granted toward the end Erik did a very great job of doing what should have been done for the entire 3rd edition.

If WotC would say they are putting out a sourcebook for Greyhawk, alot would gripe and bellyache. BUT, I think almost everyone would buy it and then the attacks on it would begin. Since most of us in the Greyhawk category are above the median for RPG ages we tend to be more vocal on the boards because we have seen the good and bad that can happen within a setting and so let our feelings known.

This last minute EXtoG, with its "if enough sell we will think about producing more in Greyhawk" seems kinda hollow and defeatist to me. I've always been of the mind that if you really want something to sell, BELIEVE IN IT! Put the people that have the talent and desire to produce the best working on it. Don't assign it to Billy the new guy because he's got the time and hey it's only Greyhawk they'll buy it anyway attitute.

Enough ramblin'

Remove ads