• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which is cooler? Psychic Warrior or Soulknife?

GodPhoenix

First Post
I don't have the XPH yet, but for those of you that do:

Which do you think is cooler...the Psychic Warrior or the Soulknife?

Define cool however you want.

I'm thinking of playing one or the other soon and I want a cool class. Thanks!

Creamsteak

Explorer
Psychic warrior is more versitile and reliable, in my opinion. Soulknife is a bit weaker, but there is that "coolness" factor of having psionic swords.

If Soulknife had been built more like a Psionic Rogue, I would have probably said Soulknife.

Particle_Man

Explorer
For coolness factor, SK all the way. Ok in combat, more skills, self-reliant (you sundered my mind blade? Oh well, here's another!). Even the picture looks better.

For "beatdown" factor, maybe the PW has the advantage. Maybe.

JoAT

First Post
Coolness factor, definetly SK. Psychic Warrior is a machine when it come down to beating the living tar out you, though.... And actually makes a really good weaponless character too...

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
Particle_Man said:
For coolness factor, SK all the way. Ok in combat, more skills, self-reliant (you sundered my mind blade? Oh well, here's another!). Even the picture looks better.

For "beatdown" factor, maybe the PW has the advantage. Maybe.

Soulknife also can only wear light armor, and only gets simple weapon proficiency, except with his mindblade. He also has a hard time getting through material- or alignment-based DR, until he hits Epic levels; there's an amusing typo for the Epic Soulknife that says he only gets bonus psionic feats in epic levels, not epic feats.

That being said...DUDE! He makes his own glowing sword! How cool is that?! Plus, the soulknife's player gets to use phrases like "The sum totality of my psychic power...", and anything else from Psylocke appearances in X-Men.

Brad

Remove ads