Which of my continents do you want more information about?

Which of my continents do you want more information about?

• Lands of Harqual

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Poll closed .

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Voted as well.

Just kinda in a "show me thuh psi's" kinda mood lately. :)

All of it, of course, is exceptional (and at times overwhelming) work, as always.

--SD

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Note to self: It has been years since I've looked at the World of Kulan and must re-familiarize myself with the different continents...

Speaking of which, might I suggest that you put links to your different continents so other people can look at it and maybe draw more attention to your world besides those of us who already know about it?

But I'll take a look at your world again and vote when I've figured out what everything is again. :)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Voted as well.

Just kinda in a "show me thuh psi's" kinda mood lately. :)
I'm a big fan of pisonics, which means creating background for Janardûn is a lot of fun. I have a thread here on EN World dedicated specifically for psionics on Kulan, although I haven't added anything to it in quite some time. Here's the thread: Kulan: Psionics and Psionic Organizations. Since I first created the thread, I have bought a copy of D&D Complete Psionic (mainly for the psionic organizations), as well as the FORGOTTEN REALMS Player's Guide to Faerûn.

All of it, of course, is exceptional (and at times overwhelming) work, as always.

--SD
Thanks for the kind words of praise. (It does help with the creative process.) And the work is sometimes overwhelming for me too. That's why I want to put together a comprehensive wiki here on EN World. It will help me organize things better.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Note to self: It has been years since I've looked at the World of Kulan and must re-familiarize myself with the different continents...
Have fun with that... and questions are always good.

Speaking of which, might I suggest that you put links to your different continents so other people can look at it and maybe draw more attention to your world besides those of us who already know about it?
Done. I've added several links to the first post of this thread.

But I'll take a look at your world again and vote when I've figured out what everything is again. :)
Take your time. Don't try to hard, however. It's a lot of information. I'd avoid too much about Harqual since there is so much of it.

A'koss

Explorer
Been a while KF... :cool:

Yeah, I'm just starting to take a more serious look at the new edition. While there's certainly room for improvement, overall I like a lot the things they're trying to achieve with it. Toying with some campaign ideas (Greyhawk-Planescape... kicked forward 100 years), but I might try my hand as a player for a change. We'll see what time allows.

How are your campaigns going?!

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Been a while KF... :cool:
Yes it has. Heh.

Yeah, I'm just starting to take a more serious look at the new edition. While there's certainly room for improvement, overall I like a lot the things they're trying to achieve with it. Toying with some campaign ideas (Greyhawk-Planescape... kicked forward 100 years), but I might try my hand as a player for a change. We'll see what time allows.
I was looking at the playtests when they first coming out, but I got away from it. (I was concentrating on my Greek and Roman Mythology night class.) 'm hoping to look at the lastest playtest package before my new night class starts in January. We'll see. It's not as big a priority to me as developing Kulan and my other RPG campaign worlds.

How are your campaigns going?!
Right now, I'm not running any campaigns. (I wish.) I haven't even been playing D&D. (Sigh.) Creating my new wiki here on [notranslate]EN World[/notranslate] is allowing me to get my roleplaying fix. Plus, it will be good to have a place for ALL of my homebrewed Kulan material. (The newest work is being written and posted on The Piazza, first. Once I'm happy with something, it will be added to the wiki.)

I'll likely create a campaign group for my "Time of Ages | Steampunk Spelljammer" campaign setting as well. I'll be able to activate the wiki function for it too. However, I don't want to do that right away. Maybe after my upcoming night class is over or in the summer.

BTW... feel free to vote on this thread's poll.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
For [MENTION=2]Piratecat[/MENTION], [MENTION=172]Psion[/MENTION], and [MENTION=92511]steeldragons[/MENTION]: I just created the first page of my player's section for psionics: Psionics (on Kulan)

Now, on Janardûn, psionics reign supreme, so there isn't much need for the variant 'spells', although they do exist. The variant psionic powers that affect magic were likely first developed on Janardûn (or maybe on Ryaith). Also, any character from Janardûn that doesn't have a psionic character class still has the potential to be a wild talent. Psionics are completely ingrained into the makeup of the continent. A character without any psionic ability at all is often treated as a second-class citizen.

Psionics on the Other Continents
The Fallenlands: Psionics are uncommon on the Fallenlands. The races know of it and most accept it, but it is unusual for a community to have more than a few with the ability to use psionics. There is very little stigma attached to psionic power in the Fallenlands. The most common psionic class for the Fallenlands is Wilder.

Lands of Harqual: Psionics are rare on Harqual. It is a hidden art, and it is often feared by the masses. There are special house rules that govern whether or not a Harqualian character even has the potential to gain psionics. Characters with psionic classes are likely from another continent. Harqualian characters with psionic classes must be very careful who they trust.

Kanpur: The Ancient Lands: The rarity of psionics on Kanpur varies from region to region. As a general rule, however, psionics on Kanpur are neither common nor very rare. There are places where it is taught and used openly, but more often than not, psionic teachers prefer to train their charges in secret. The most powerful psionic characters often act as spies.

Triadora: Land of Empires: Psionics on Triadora are rare but not unheard of. Since the continent is always under the threat of war between the Son Minotaurs and the Xanth, psionics are seen as just another tool for use on the battlefield. Psychic warriors are highly respected on Triadora.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Psionics FTW. :) Janardûn!
Here is a short list of adventures that I've set aside for Janardûn...

DUNGEON Magazine Adventures
• "The Death of Lashimere" [DUNGEON 116]
• "Encounter in the Wildwood" [DUNGEON 19]
• "Master of Puppets" [DUNGEON 14]
• "Orange and Black" [DUNGEON 66]
• "The Serpent's Tooth" [DUNGEON 19]
• "Threshold of Evil" [DUNGEON 10]
• "The Well of Lord Barcus" [DUNGEON 41] (Sidetrek)
"The Winding Way" [DUNGEON 117]

d20 System/OGL Adventures/Locales
• "Of Sound Mind"

The Dungeon Magazine adventures will need to updated to v.3.5, of course. "Master of Puppets" will likely see some major modifications to include psionics.

Last edited:

Remove ads