• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Which OGL sourcebooks do you want to see updated for Pathfinder?

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
The title says it all. This is the ultimate wish list thread. Anything goes even if a said publisher isn't on the Pathfinder compatibility licence list.

My initial list of ideas...
  • Bluffside: City on the Edge
  • Book of Fiends
  • Book of Templates
  • Dragonstar [campaign setting]
  • Egyptian Adventures: Hamunaptra
  • Hammer & Helm

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I'd also like to see a 3PP create an OGL sourcebook that is similar to Book of Vile Darkness. Basically, I want a Book of Evil.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Don't take this the wrong way, but honestly?

Nothing.

If I already have them for 3.x, they are quite usable with Pathfinder as is, so I don't want repeats.

For example, I love Rappan Athuk Reloaded. I would not buy a Pathfinder print version since I already own the print 3.5 version. A pdf version at the right price might tempt me, though.

I'd rather have new stuff in print.

(Besides, I think Paizo will be updating certain things from Book of Fiends and Tome of Horrors piecemeal anyway as they roll out new products that use OGL stuff from those and other sources.)

kitsune9

Adventurer
Don't take this the wrong way, but honestly?

Nothing.

If I already have them for 3.x, they are quite usable with Pathfinder as is, so I don't want repeats.

I totally agree with this statement. Pathfinder's intent is to be backward compatible so we won't have to get updates on all our old stuff, but I would always like it if more new stuff comes out. I would like Necro Games to put out an AP of their own or some new Pathfinder "ye olde skool first edition feel" mods. Whatever Green Ronin writes, I'll pick up. The same if Malhavoc gets on board.

Sammael

Adventurer
I also wouldn't want any d20 books to be "updated." I'd like to see some of them republished, since they're long out of print and hard to find, but I see no reason for them to be changed.

Wicht

Hero
I would like to see Heroes of High Favor: Gnomes

An update to the Creature Collection might be nice as well as some of those monsters are cool but could use a cleanup.

Acid_crash

First Post
The only thing I can think of possibly is Iron Kingdoms and that's it. An updated Expanded Psionics Handbook would be nice but I could live without it. Those are it for me.

joela

First Post
I totally agree with this statement. Pathfinder's intent is to be backward compatible so we won't have to get updates on all our old stuff, but I would always like it if more new stuff comes out. I would like Necro Games to put out an AP of their own or some new Pathfinder "ye olde skool first edition feel" mods. Whatever Green Ronin writes, I'll pick up. The same if Malhavoc gets on board.

Ditto. Let's move forward. Also, let's don't forget that the PfRPG is also usable by 3.x gamers ("forward compatible"?). Such folks will thus continue to get new material for their games as well.

Remove ads