• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which RPGs are you currently playing?

Which of these RPGs are you playing/running?

pweent

Explorer
Weekly:
D&D 4th edition

Sporadic but ongoing:
WFRP 2nd edition
Dogs in the Vineyard

Didn't list in the poll, but we hit from time to time:
octaNe
Paranoia XP

Hopefully starting sometime soon:
Eclipse Phase
Dark Heresy
Spirit of the Century

Viktyr Gehrig

First Post
My off-and-on Street Fighter game just went off again, and I don't think it's coming back this time. I'm sure I'll be starting a new one with a different batch of players some time soon. Last game was post Street Fighter III, so I'm thinking I'll either do something outside the Street Fighter universe or I'll go back to the era before Street Fighter and Final Fight.

I've been looking over my 3.5 books again and getting ideas. I usually house-rule it to Hell and back, but I'm having to start over on my House Rules and it's causing me to reconsider a few things. Right now, I'm wavering back and forth between running a Planescape game or a Dragonstar game. I never managed to finish one of my Planescape/Star*Drive crossover campaigns, but I'd have to figure out how to make d20 Modern characters that can stand up to 3.5 Gestalts.

Or, convert the Planescape stuff to HARP and then run it that way.

I've been doing a lot of HARP one-offs lately, mostly playtesting different AfterWorlds scenarios to see which we want to include in the main book. I'm eventually going to get around to running a full campaign in a dark fantasy version of the Mario universe. I'm really looking forward to trying a lot of different things with HARP, to see how far it can be stretched.

deadsmurf

First Post
I'm running 2 Eberron Games
-One is what I consider my main game, running it in 4th Edition D&D, its my longest running campaign ever, going onto like 6 months now since it started. Started with a conversion of the Forgotten Forge, and have been playing the schema adventure path, Grasp of the Emerald Claw is over half-finished now.
-My 2nd game is my beginner's game, Its my girlfriend (who'd only played a little bit before), Her two brothers (same as her experience-wise), her Mother (Brand new!), My Sister (Has played some RPGs but never D&D) and my Sister's Boyfriend (hasn't played tabletop RPGS since the 90s.) - I'm running 4th edition, and teaching it has been super easy. Khyber's Harvest (from Free RPG day) is a wonderful 'learning adventure'. This one is on a short hiatus, and will likely end after the current adventure - though I would like to see if I could have the group get together once a month or so and play more

I also play in a Eberron Game, using Pathfinder (Run by one of my players in the main 4E game) but I'm not sure how long I will be able to keep playing once the school year starts again.

MoogleEmpMog

First Post
D&D 4e (playing in two campaigns)
Mutants and Masterminds (GMing)
Other (1981-1990): Call of Cthulhu (playing)
Other (2001+): Spirit of the Century (GMing)

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Nothing right now, though I hope to be playing both Chronicles of the Red Claw (heavily modified Risus) and OD&D + Arduin Grimoires I, II, and III sometime this Fall.

Belorin

Explorer
Here we go again, I am running
D&D 4E
Call of Cthulhu (ending)
Arduin Eternal (after CoC)
and playing
Pathfinder
Mutants & Masterminds (ending)
Warlocks & Warriors (after M&M)

Hmmm, looks like we're going to be frpg heavy this summer, maybe we can hold off ending M&M, it's more episodic than campaign. W&W is really kind of new and maybe we can take time to study it before rushing into it.
I can't really delay CoC, it's all in the stars.

Bel

Well after looking over Warlocks and Warriors, we decided to keep D&D as our primary frpg and go back to Shadowrun as a standard rotation game. Also since Arduin Eternal is delayed until at least Sept. we will be playing Bureau 13: Stalking the Night Fantastic, which is kinda like Men in Black.

Bel

Last edited:

TheNovaLord

First Post
You get major points from me for running DragonQuest. I am curious, which edition? Also, victorianquest sounds interesting, what is that?

2nd ed DQ. was my first game in 1981 and always my fav.

VQ uses the same 'rules' set so skill group of Channeller, Doctor, Scientist, Academic etc and 'rules lightened' somewhat

but ported to 1865 Victorian London. was frustrated that every victoriana out there had steampunk, fantasy creatures, tentacled horrors etc...when in fact so much happened for real, you dont need fantastic stuff to 'adventure'.

Miphon

First Post
Playing in a 3.5 game and DM in a 4E game. Would really like to spend some time on the player's side of the screen for 4E (but haven't had an opportunity to do so yet) and definitely willing to give Pathfinder a shot.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads