• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which RPGs did you play in 2023?

Autumnal

Bruce Baugh, Writer of Fortune
Ironsworn
Starforged
Star Trek Adventures: Captain’s Log

The equivalent of a few sessions each. I’m still mapping out how to best handle playing within the current constraints of disability. Next year I hope to have more extended adventures and to try solo mode for Vaesen and/or The One Ring.

This year I played kind of a lot, thanks to two weekly sessions plus some online con/pickup games. About 100 sessions total, from most to least played:

Star Wars hack of Scum and Villainy
Dark Sun hack of Wicked Ones
Homebrew 2d20 science fantasy game
Nobilis
Blades in the Dark
Blade Runner
Mothership
1e (two-shot, using Bloom and In Other Waters: Tidebreak)
Trophy Gold (one-shot)
Trophy Dark (one-shot)
Savage Rifts (one-shot)
Fabula Ultima (one-shot)
Against the Dark Conspiracy (one-shot)
Lasers & Feelings (one-shot in one hour!)

And if my luck holds, a one-shot of Lighthearted next week.

EDIT: The Lighthearted one-shot worked out, and it was a lot of fun. Nothing I'd ever run—or probably want to play a full campaign of—but it's a really smart system, with an "emotion dice" mechanic that keeps you thinking and playing like a teenager.

Last edited:

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
I played very little this year. In fact, I think that this is likely the year that I've played the least since 1985, when I begun with Mentzer Basic D&D.
  1. I've run a brief playtest adventure for 13th Age 2nd edition.
  2. I keep playing in a very slow moving AD&D PBEM.
  3. I've ran some sessions of a OSR/D&D-clone that I've been building. Lack of time and mental energy has forced me to suspend this, but possibly next year, I'll get back to it.
  4. I've run a single session of Shadowdark.
  5. I've been a guest player a few times in a Farsight (5e based, Sci-Fi game with strong Mass Effect influences in the setting) game that a friend of mine is running.
  6. I've begun playing in a 5e adventure which should conclude in a month or two.

Hopefully, I'll play far more in 2024.

Remove ads