• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which version of D&D or D&D-like will you be playing by the end of 2008 ?

Which version of D&D or D&D-like will you be playing by the end of 2008 ?

• I'll be playing 4E.

Votes: 185 39.4%
  • I'll be playing Pathfinder RPG.

Votes: 59 12.6%
  • I'll be playing D&D 3.5 / OGL.

Votes: 112 23.8%
  • I'll be playing an older version (ODD, basic, AD&D, AD&D2).

Votes: 23 4.9%
  • I'll be playing a D&D-like system (C&C, french dK, ...).

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • I'll be playing other non-D&D RPGs.

Votes: 10 2.1%
  • I choose several options here.

Votes: 67 14.3%

Laslo Tremaine

Explorer
We had already dumped 3.5 more than a year ago.

We tried C&C but found some of its nods to nostalgia to be a bit overpowering. Right now we are running a C&C/3.5 hybrid. I would dump it in a heartbeat for 4e, but we have decided to wrap up our current campaign before doing so.

Wik

First Post
Three systems:

1) 4e. I'll be running it, I guess. Two groups - one will be with my regular group, which I'll run about twice a month. the other will be with Blargney the Second's group... we'll see if it takes off.

2) A homebrew system. My regular group has a GM who insists on using his own system. It kinda sucks, but an RPG is an RPG, in the end.

3) Shadowrun, 4th Edition: If I ever find time to run it, you bet I will. I love this game.

pweent

Explorer
Multiple versions.

I'm enjoying 4th edition and fully intend to use it preferentially over 3.x and derivatives for my D&D needs, but I'm going to complete my Age of Worms game using 3.5, and that won't be finished by the end of the year.

Next up after Age of Worms: Pathfinder's Curse of the Crimson Throne converted to 4e.

Arkhandus

First Post
The 3.5/OGL option on the poll should say 3.x or 3.0/3.5/OGL. -_-

Anyway, that's it for me. I'll be running and playing only 3.0 and 3.5 D&D games, and occasionally non-D&D stuff like d20 Modern or Shadowrun 3rd Edition.

philippe tromeur

First Post
I'l keep on GM'ing my Castles & Crusades Planescape campaign ... and older stuff (including Empire of the Petal Throne).
I hope we'll continue our d20 Black Company campaign (I'm a player).
I may try a short Wheel of Time campaign (several players like the novels, me too).

I don't plan to buy D&D4 (I don't even own any D&D3.x rulebook any more).

Last edited:

The Highway Man

First Post
AD&D3 for me

I'll be running AD&D3 personally (no typo - it's PDF document. Gary's 1st ed modified with some C&C/d20 rules and cleaned up, basically).

I thus voted "older editions".

I'll run Pathfinder RPG probably, as well. I'll keep supporting the APs at least, and buy Beta to see what this version offers.

I own the 4E core books and it just confirmed the game is going in a direction I don't want to follow. It still a sound game system, though. I'd be playing 4E or running the occasional one shot, if appropriate/asked to.

Ander00

First Post
4E. Possibly a bit of SWSE. I wouldn't mind playing other editions, but the rest of the group's pretty psyched about 4E.

cheers

Remove ads