"White Dwarf Berbalang"

Here's my conersion of the White Dwarf berbalang, with a few later aspects:
From white dwarf #11:
Lesser Berbalang
Medium Monstrous Humanoid (Evil, Extraplanar)
Hit Dice: 1d8+0 (4hp)
Initiative: +4
Speed: 20ft., fly 60 ft.
AC: 14 (+0 size,+0 Dex, +4 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +1/+1
Attacks: Bite +1melee, 2 claws –4 melee
Damage: Bite 1d6+0, claw 1d4+0
Face/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Project self, psionics*
Saves: Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +2
Abilities: Str 10, Dex 10, Con 11, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 11
Skills: Spot +4, Listen +4, Knowledge (the planes) +6, Spellcraft +4
Feats: Improved Initiative

Climate/Terrain: Astral Plane and underground
Organization: Solitary or tribe (10-40)
Challenge Rating: 0.5
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Usually chaotic evil
Advancement: 2-4 HD (Medium)

A lesser berbalang resembles a gaunt, bat-winged humanoid with claws and fangs.
Some lesser berbalangs are solitary, while some are tribal. It can project a physical projection, which delivers slain humans to the lesser berbalang for food.

Project Self (Su):
Once a day, a lesser berbalang can fall into a trance, becoming effectively helpless. The lesser berbalang creates an exact duplicate of itself. The lesser berbalang controls the projection utterly. The projection is sent out to hunt humans. If the projection kills a human, it will pick up the corpse and fly back to the lesser berbalang, which will emerge from its trance if the projection was not hit. The projection will immediately vanish. If the projection is injured, the lesser berbalang will remain helpless for three turns after the projection returns and disappears, and if the projection is slain the lesser berbalang must make a Fort save (DC 17) or die.

Psionics (Sp): *10% of lesser berbalangs are psionic. Those that are psionic can manifest astral projection 1/day, except they cannot leave the Astral plane except to return to their true body.

Conaill

First Post
Khisanth the Ancient said:
Here's my conersion of the White Dwarf berbalang, with a few later aspects
OOOH! I've got a GREAT idea! Why not just call this 1 HD version the "White Dwarf Berbalang". It's like the regular 4HD berbalang, except white, a little smaller, and a lot weaker. Kinda like "Albino Miniature Poodle" :D

That sure would solve a lot of problems...

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
i figure this version of the berbalang deserves to live, so i gave it some wings and let it fly. ;) the "official" CC berbalang will be the 4HD one, but this one is quite viable on its own. :)

Remove ads