• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

White-on-black forum is hard on the eyes

Xeveninti

First Post
I remember that there used to be a way to change the forum colors. But now I can't find it. Help! ENWorld gives me a headache!

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
The various skins have not yet been implemented for EN2 - after getting the new site out, focus has been on dealing with the performance issues that have been plaguing the site since before EN2.

However, they're on the list of things to do, have no fear.

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
In the meantime, there are browser plugins you can install that let you use custom CSS formatting for different sites. You could change it to suit yourself long before a skin becomes available.
-blarg

cougent

First Post
As someone who has dealt with severe eye problems all my life (technically born blind) and now through the marvels of science and medicine see pretty well after 9 surgeries on each eye over 30+ years... I really find it difficult to comprehend the position that a muted background with distinctive (even bright) text is harder on your eyes than a glaring bright background with muted text (white with black). I accept that I may be in the minority, but what really is distressing to very sensitive eyes is having to look even briefly at a screen full of brightly lit up pixels. Please keep the black background as either the default or at least an option.

hewligan

First Post
I have NO IDEA how this works, but if you drag this link onto your toolbar and then when you are on a black page with white text (or any dark with light) you can click it to make it go black text on white.

I just discovered this on another website and it works for me.

Count me among those who miss the white-background version.
Why? Because I mostly surf at work, and the white-background version looks more discreet. The black one screams "He's not busy! He's on the Web! Give him more stuff to do!"
So please, give me my white skin back!

I have NO IDEA how this works, but if you drag this link onto your toolbar and then when you are on a black page with white text (or any dark with light) you can click it to make it go black text on white.

I just discovered this on another website and it works for me.

Doesn't appear to work in Firefox. :.-(

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads