White Picket Witches (Fresno Ca)

Antonlowe

First Post
White Picket Witches (Fresno Ca)

This is a PBP game I am planning for my real life friends. I am not currently recruiting people online. That might change in the future though so stay tuned.

The Elevator Pitch:
You are a strong, independent, modern woman, living in Fresno Ca….. and you also happen to be a witch who wields supernatural power.

Advance your career, protect your children from the vampires at the PTA, have a social life, commit human sacrifice so you can get a night off….. all while looking great and sending those who get in your way straight to hell.

Fate SRD: https://fate-srd.com/
Inspirations: Desperate House Wives, Charmed, Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, Weeds.

Sample Character Concepts
Mother by day, monster hunter by night!
The meanest witch from corporate.
The most popular girl at Fresno State, with a dark secret.
Weather girl of Vengence!.
Serial dater/killer

Last edited:

Antonlowe

First Post
Character Creation

Character Creation

Aspects: High Concept, Trouble and up to three others.

Assets: Brilliant, Classy, Dangerous, Savvy, Treacherous, Powerful, Sensitive.
Pick one +3 Good
Pick two +2 Fair
The rest are +1 Average

No Stress: We will not be using stress points.

Refresh of 3: You start with a refresh of 3. You start each ‘game week/episode’ with 3 fate points.

Consequences: You have the normal +2/+4/+6 consequence slots. You may spend a consequence to boost any roll, not just soak damage.

Stunts: You may pick up to three stunts.

Antonlowe

First Post
Magic

Magic

I’m basing magic in this world off of the book series called ‘Night watch’ so if you have read it (I highly recommend it) you are already familiar with the basics.

Magic power is drawn from a dimension which is very closely linked to ours. This dimension is called “The Twilight” all witches can enter the twilight to cast spells. When you are in the twilight, you see our normal world….but its all in gray scale. Everything seems to be dull, faraway and spooky in the twilight.

Being in the twilight makes it easy to cast spells. There is one other major advantage of being in the twilight. Normal people tend not to notice you or forget you were there. Their minds come up with explanations to try and make sense of what they are not noticing…within limits of reasonability. If you disturb the world too much…. They notice you. If you get noticed, you might get ‘pulled’ out of the twilight.

Of course, the major disadvantage of being in the twilight is that everyone who is capable of magic notices you more. They automatically sense you are there and there is no way to hide from them in the twilight.

Mechanics
I am using the simple magic option from fate.
• You may enter the twilight as an action on your turn.
o While in the twilight you may cast spells.
o You go unnoticed by normal people.
o Other supernatural characters become automatically aware of you.

• To cast a spell do the following…
o Describe what you are trying to make happen.
o The Narrator sets a difficulty
o You roll the dice to see if you succeed and get what you want.

Antonlowe

First Post
Stunts

Stunts

You can take pretty much any fate core or fate accelerated stunt you want. Here are a few more related to spell casting

Battle Craft: F-subtlety. This is the art of throwing around fireballs, lightning bolts, and magic missiles.
You gain a +2 bonus to cast battle craft spells while in the twilight. You may also use battle craft when you are not in the twilight.

Beast Craft: This is the art of tapping into your inner animal. You can take the form of an animal, gain the wisdom of an owl, strength of a bull etc… enhance your senses or speak to and control animals. You gain a +2 bonus to cast beast craft spells while in the twilight. You may also use beast craft when you are not in the twilight.

Charm Craft: This is the art of manipulating the thoughts and emotions of others. You can alter a persons emotions and feelings, or place ‘suggestions’ in them. You gain a +2 bonus to cast charm craft spells while in the twilight. You may also use charm craft when you are not in the twilight.

Athame: You can summon a magical weapon known as an Athame. An athame is more then just a weapon, it is a manifestation of your soul. You may only summon your athame in the twilight, when you do, you may use your highest approach to both attack and defend in melee.

Dark Path:
You know how to walk the dark paths of the twilight. While in the twilight you may spend a fate point to instantly appear in any location.

Postcognition:
The twilight holds memories far better then reality. While in the twilight you may spend a fate point to look through the past and witness the last Face Off that took place in that location.

Affluent: You are independently wealthy. You don’t need a to worry about money. You may take this stunt up to three times to show just how rich you are.

Sex Appeal:
Sure, all the other witches are beautiful, but you are super naturally hot. You gain a +1 bonus to checks when you can use your looks to your advantage. You may take this stunt up to three times to show just how hot you are.

Social Media Queen

Talented
Supernatural Toughness
Supernatural Might

Last edited:

Antonlowe

First Post
Places of Power

Locations of Power

The Old, Fresno City College, Admin Building

Off Limits, Spooky, Classical Charm.

This once beautiful brick building was once used as an administration building at Fresno city college (FCC). New earthquake building regulations make the building currently unusable. Now the doors and windows have been boarded up. Ivy has grown over much of the façade.

The New Revue

A place to socialize, New faces all the time, Gossip runs rampant.

The Revue Café, has changed ownership many times over the last decade. That’s ok because its been a central meeting place in the tower district for over 50 years. No one knows how long the renovation in the back is going to take.

Woodward Park

Antonlowe

First Post
Sample Character

Sample Character Sheet
Noreen Clark

Aspects Weather Girl of Vengeance!, I have a hit list, I would rather work alone, I would do anything for love, but I wont do that.

Brilliant +1
Classy +2
Dangerous +2
Savvy +1
Powerful +1
Treacherous +3
Sensitive +1

Stunts: Talented (Singer), Supernatural Might, Social Media Queen.

Consequences
+2 None
+4 None
+6 None

Refresh 3 Fate Points 3

Remove ads