• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

White Plume Mountain map

kenobi65

First Post
Ooooh, pretty!

Using the conversion that was here in the ENWorld conversion library, I ran WPM for one of my groups a year or two ago. They had a blast. The giant crab critted the party's rogue, and cut him in two. :]

Even though they're unabashed dungeon crawls, a lot of those old modules do seem to hold up pretty well. And, WPM was always one of my favorites.

Oh, and speaking of WPM, you don't suppose that someone at Motorola is an old-school D&D fan?

Black RAZR phone

Henry

Autoexreginated
Oh, my GOD, I'm geeking out already.

My question is:
[sblock]Will it still be The Moon and Prime numbers, or are they replacing them?[/sblock]

After all, those are pretty old by now.

kenobi65

First Post
the Jester said:
I wonder if this will be involved in the Age of Worms. There have been a few hints about it...

Only if the conversion makes it a significantly higher-level challenge than the original.

The original was for character levels 5-10 (nice broad range, huh?). Even taking into account that level progression is faster in 3.5 than it was in 1E, the Age of Worms series is already at least at that level, if not beyond. I just got my new Dungeon in the mail yesterday, and the AoW adventure in it is for 13th-level PCs (meaning that the PCs will be 14th or 15th by the time they finish it).

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Why do they bother making maps with one box equaling 10'?

I find that so annoying when I go to re-draw it on the battlemat or giving out descriptions of distances - 5' per box should always be the default in 3E.

kenobi65

First Post
el-remmen said:
Why do they bother making maps with one box equaling 10'?

I'm gonna guess it was because 10' boxes was the scale on the original map.

el-remmen said:
I find that so annoying when I go to re-draw it on the battlemat or giving out descriptions of distances - 5' per box should always be the default in 3E.

Agreed.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
kenobi65 said:
I'm gonna guess it was because 10' boxes was the scale on the original map.

Yeah, I figured that - but uh, it is an update - so they should have, I don't know. . . maybe. . . UPDATE IT!!!!!! :p

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads