• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

White Plume Mountain

Cintra

First Post
Anyone know of a conversion for this adventure (either the original or the Return To version)? Specifically, I'm wondering if anyone has worked out rules for moving through the big cavern with the hanging disks ("Past water spouts where chain links rattle") because I'm having a bit of trouble with that section... (If there isn't already a conversion but you have suggestions, you should know my group's a bit higher level than expected, so to keep them from flying right through this cavern, I'm giving this entire room AntiMagic properties.)

Thanks for any help you can provide!

VorpalBunny

Explorer
Better late than never.... ;)

I'm working on a conversion of it now. Here's what I have for the cavern...

SPOILERS!!

Geyser A spouts once every 5 rounds. Geyser B spouts once every three rounds. When the geysers erupt, characters standing on a disk during an eruption must make a Balance check (DC 15) to stay on the disk. Each disk away from an erupting geyser subtracts 1 from the DC of the check. Additionally, damage varies as the distance from the geyser. Adjacent disk to a geyser: 5d10 hit points; one away: 4d10, and so on: 3d10, 2d10, 1d10, 1d6, and 1d4 for anyone in the cavern. Characters may make a Reflex save (DC 20) for half damage. A character that falls into the mud takes 20d6 damage per round from the boiling mud, and must make a Swim check (DC 15) every round to stay afloat.

If the party survives the geyser eruptions and makes it to the other side of the cavern, award experience for a CR 4 encounter.

I changed the size of the disks to 5 feet in diameter to better work with size scaling in 3e. Since the disks are 3 feet apart, no Jump check should be required, but if you're a real SOB you can call for a Balance check when a character hops onto a disk.

Last edited:

Remove ads