Who Actually Has Time for Bloated Adventures?

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Some of my favorites shipped in that mode... WFRP 1E TEW, all the adventures for Justifiers, certain Traveller adventures (TTA, Knightfall, The Flaming Eye)

Which is precisely what GW/Flame did with the originals; C7was being true to the original versions, not being innovative.
So, if it is a known format, I wonder why they don't think to use it for modern D&D or Pathfinder? It would also provide something closer to the Campaign Sourcebook type book that a lot of people have been asking for (albeit in pieces).

aramis erak

Legend
So, if it is a known format, I wonder why they don't think to use it for modern D&D or Pathfinder? It would also provide something closer to the Campaign Sourcebook type book that a lot of people have been asking for (albeit in pieces).
They did... the big book adventure for season 3, Out of the Abyss... they just didn't note that. Partly because the adventure is essentially an underdark hex crawl from chapter 3 on. I only got the pre-Ravenloft seasons.
The Elemental focused season 2 Princes of the Apocalypse was not quite a sourcebook, but did include extraneous details sufficient to treat several of the locations as minisourcebooks.

Also, seasons 1-3 also had new spells and monsters in the big books, but PDFs of those intended for reuse portions were made available for free at the time.

Remove ads