• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Who are the Game Designers currently working for WotC?

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
G'day!

I was just wondering if anyone knew the current list of game designers and developers working at Wizards? This is for RPG and miniature design.

I can offer the following as people I'm sure about:
* Mike Donais
* Rob Heinsoo
* Jonathan Tweet
* Ed Stark
* Andy Collins

Who else is there? I know that list is incomplete.

Cheers!

d20Dwarf

Explorer
Jesse Decker does indeed work for WotC, he's the developer I"m working with. Did you mean to include freelancers, or just full time designers?

Ranger REG

Explorer
How about we start with WotC's in-house RPG designers (those on the employee payroll), then list the contracting freelanced game designers (those NOT on the employee payroll ... nor obligated to attend the mandatory company's holiday parties)?

Wizbane

First Post
I think the situation may be a bit blurred as of now.

Take Bruce Cordell for example. Is he a fully employed member of WotC or does he have a sort of pay-on-demand contract?

For sure he's envolved in the new psionic handbook.

Wizbane

:p *quite a time I didn't post here*

Ranger REG

Explorer
AFAIK, Bruce is an employee of WotC, but freelance for Malhavoc Press.

Gwendolyn Kestrel (wife of Andy Collins) is an employee of WotC, but freelance as co-contributing writer of Erotic Fantasy Roleplaying Game by Valar.

Wizbane

First Post
Ranger REG said:
AFAIK, Bruce is an employee of WotC, but freelance for Malhavoc Press.

Gwendolyn Kestrel (wife of Andy Collins) is an employee of WotC, but freelance as co-contributing writer of Erotic Fantasy Roleplaying Game by Valar.

Thanks [I apologize for spamming]

:eek: 2nd post in a day, out of 7th in like 5+ years. Time to reactivate the lurking mode. Cheers to old & new members!

MerricB said:
G'day!

I was just wondering if anyone knew the current list of game designers and developers working at Wizards? This is for RPG and miniature design.

I can offer the following as people I'm sure about:
* Mike Donais
* Rob Heinsoo
* Jonathan Tweet
* Ed Stark
* Andy Collins

Who else is there? I know that list is incomplete.

Cheers!

Last I knew...

Christopher Perkins
David Noonan
Jesse Decker
Charles Ryan (not technically working as a developer, but still important on that end of things)
Rich Baker (I think: I know he changed positions, but I don't know what to)

Freelancers:
Wil Upchurch
Myself

Darrin Drader

Explorer
I can't comment on other staff members, but I will add myself to the list of people on the Wizards payroll and designing in a freelance capacity.

Last edited:

Remove ads