• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Who can I get to create metal miniatures?

V_Shane

First Post
Can anyone point me to a company that makes custom metal miniatures (I have a client who is interested in a very large order) as I will be making the style guides for the designs. I"ll just be doing the art, but I was hoping to point him in the direction of a EnWorld/RPGshop local whom might do that type of work.

Probably about 5 or so characters from his book (he is looking at many sets).
email me direct
v_shane@indiemail.com

or post here... thanks!

V Shane

Last edited:

Falanor

First Post
Theoretically Reaper would be able to do it, though I am not at my normal computer ATM so I cannot give you their phone number to call. Sorry I can't be of much more help than that.

Terry Edwards

In fact reaper was just offering to sculpt and cast a custom miniature to the highest bidder during their "garage sale" but I haven't checked on the status of that auction recently. If you're talking about a large scale project though I would just approach any mini company whose work you like and talk price to start your own miniatures line.

Cergorach

The Laughing One
You might find http://minisculptor.com/ of interest.

Expect to pay around $300 for each 30mm sculpt (human size, nothing extravagant) if you want a decent to good sculptor.

Black Orc Games handles casting/mouldmaking on order. Expect that 500 casts to cost $300-$400 , add to that bases and packaging.

Papewaio

First Post
V_Shane said:
Can anyone point me to a company that makes custom metal miniatures (I have a client who is interested in a very large order) as I will be making the style guides for the designs. I"ll just be doing the art, but I was hoping to point him in the direction of a EnWorld/RPGshop local whom might do that type of work.
V Shane

eureka miniatures has a program that does something similar to what you want. It is explained in the following page:

http://www.eurekamin.com.au/custom.shtml

I have never used it, but have heard first hand from people that has, and they have been happy with the service. They are based in Australia, so the prices should be un AU$, but other than that, I think they are quite used to send packages anywhere in the world.

Papewaio

Cergorach

The Laughing One
eureka provides a fine service, but i find it personally not up to spec compared to some other miniature manufacturers...

V_Shane

First Post
Thanks alot for all the links to be sure. The client works as a aeronautic engineer, so I don't think he is too concerned about cost, just quality!

Yeah it will be his own line for the characters in his book/trilogy.

Thanks again!

Shane

JustaPlayer

First Post
I Have a friend who just started up his own figure company. I'm sure that if you can get him pictures he can make what you're looking for. He is getting a web site set up but I don't know what it is yet.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads