• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Who do that voodoo?

dpmcalister

Explorer
Does anyone know of an alternate magic system for D&D that resembles voodoo? I'm looking for something for my pirates campaign but can't see to find the right magic system.

ForceUser

Explorer
To represent voodoo IMC, I use the shaman class from Oriental Adventures, though I call it the houngan. Houngans usually take the Ancestor and Grave domains.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
To represent voodoo IMC, I use the shaman class from Oriental Adventures, though I call it the houngan. Houngans usually take the Ancestor and Grave domains.

How do you explain the kung-fu fighting? Where the shaman is fast as lightning? Voodoo is a little bit frightning. But how do you explain the kung-fu fighting?

ForceUser

Explorer
Kamikaze Midget said:
How do you explain the kung-fu fighting? Where the shaman is fast as lightning? Voodoo is a little bit frightning. But how do you explain the kung-fu fighting?
Capoeira. I'm not shooting for 100% accuracy here. If I were, he'd use chickens as his material components. :p

Bardsandsages

First Post
Kamikaze Midget said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are not right in the head.

Now I'll have that stuck in my head all day.

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
Kamikaze Midget said:
There were funky hougan priests from funky San-Domique
They were putting them in the ground and raising them up again
It's an ancient ritual art and everybody knew their part
From strange rattles to weird skulls, and casting freaky spells

Remove ads