• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Who doesn't like kobolds?

What do you think of Kobolds?

• Owns an army of kobold plushies

Votes: 27 12.4%
  • Like them

Votes: 114 52.3%
  • Meh...

Votes: 36 16.5%
  • Dislike them

Votes: 9 4.1%
  • Has a rack of kobold skulls in closet

Votes: 17 7.8%
  • Never met one

Votes: 15 6.9%

All the adventures I've ever run or played in containing Kobolds evoke fond memories, so I'm asking who doesn't like them. Statistically and flavorwise they are my favorite monsters. Maybe it has to do with play experiences, so please explain your vote.

HeapThaumaturgist

First Post
Honestly, I like kobolds so much I sometimes put together a balanced PC race for them.

And kobolds who rise to the level of NPCs are usually so full of personality ... that they can't help but get a bonus to Charisma.

--fje

I love kobolds so much, I published a module about them. :)

Seriously, one of the best things about kobolds is that players always, always, always underestimate them, thinking of them as just sword-fodder. You get kobolds in their lair, though, where the traps are set and the advantage is all theirs, they're nasty little buggers.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
I loves me the kobolds. So much so that they were the central race in a lengthy reptilian homebrew I ran.

Demiurge out.

frankthedm

First Post
Mouseferatu said:
I love kobolds so much, I published a module about them. :)

Seriously, one of the best things about kobolds is that players always, always, always underestimate them, thinking of them as just sword-fodder. You get kobolds in their lair, though, where the traps are set and the advantage is all theirs, they're nasty little buggers.

My players never underestimate them. They avoid going into kobold lairs because they know in my game, traps tend to be more of a problem than just a few points of damage.

To say nothing of the fact that their lairs tend to be kobold sized and sometimes even cramped for kobolds..

Agamon

Adventurer
Can't really answer the poll. The little buggers are really annoying. So my like/hate depends on what side of the screen I encounter them on...

JustKim

First Post
For my diminutive antagonists I prefer goblin. This is probably due to having grown up with stories of faeries and goblins as opposed to, I don't know, mining mischief? I do share the kobolds' distaste for gnomes.

greywulf

First Post
Kobolds are wonderful. Small, reptilian sorcerous master trappers. c'mon, who can't love that for a concept?! They're a GM's best friend.

In these days of "integrating" the evl races (goblin quarters in cities, folks wearing "half-orcs are people too" t-shirts), it's good to know there's still a race out there that it's ok to splat on site :)

Unless it's Meepo of course.

Remove ads