• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Who Else Has Never Been To Gen Con?

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Piratecat said:
They're called "local game days"!

yeah, yeah, but those are hard to organize in Alberta. I tried to ramp up support, and there just aren't enough EN Worlders close together, up here. It would be like trying to organize a "Western Canada EN World Game Day".

Plus, where would it be held? How far would Western Canadian EN Worlders have to travel? Those from B.C would be hesitant to travel to Alberta, and vice versa.

KF72

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Haven't been, it looked good for this year for a brief while, but next year looks better. I'm likely to go to GenCon SoCal this year, but nobody ever seems to want to talk about that...

drothgery

First Post
Knightfall1972 said:
yeah, yeah, but those are hard to organize in Alberta. I tried to ramp up support, and there just aren't enough EN Worlders close together, up here. It would be like trying to organize a "Western Canada EN World Game Day".

Well, how many people would come to an ENWorld International Game Day in, say, Vegas?

Agback

Explorer
I've been to Arcanacon, Sydcon, Necronomicon, CanCon, NecronomiCon, and Phenomenon. I've even presented events at some of those cons. But flying halfway around the world to go to a con seems a bit much.

TinSoldier

First Post
I've never been to any con. I checked the internet really quick for any cons coming up in Portland, OR and I didn't see any :( .

Oh well, maybe one of these days. I can't afford to travel very far.

Ace

Adventurer
Knightfall1972 said:
Okay, so I'm always hearing how awesome Gen Con is, which just reminds me more and more of the fact I've never been, and likely won't have a chance in a long time (Being on disability sucks!)

So, the question is asked, "Who has never been to Gen Con?" (In the past or in the present, it doesn't matter.)

Cheers!

KF72

Me. I have no real plans to go either

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads