• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Who is Blackleaf?

brun

First Post
Pardon my ignorance, but who is Blackleaf?
I've seen him mentioned in a few places, but I just don't know him. Anyone kind ennough to help me?

Destil

Explorer
I was under the impression that blackleaf was a she...

I'd tell you, but, really, I just don't have the time. According to my itentitary I'm almost late for "Hang Self"... whatever that means.

Xarlen

First Post
Yes.

Chick is a very right wing Fundie who thinks that D&D, Harry Potter, and such are of the Devil, and it's evil, and bla bla bla.

Note that all the villains in his comics are women (Or, in others, 'Ethnic' characters).

Very sad man. He believes it, it seems.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Man, it's been a long time since I went to that site... it seems Chick has dug up a few more detractors.

Should a Christian Play Dungeons & Dragons? is pretty funny, alternately going after Mike Stackpole's well-known defence of our game, and going off on wild tangents. 'Contrary to the ramblings of D&D defenders like Michael Stackpole, the Necronomicon and the Cthulhu mythos are quite real.' has to be my favorite.

jollyninja

First Post
i still have yet to actually finish one of his articles. i love how he quotes both the old and new books though, it gives him cred. it's sort of like how you can use specific lines from the bible out of context to prove pretty much any point. jerks like this convinced the dm of my current campaign to quit roleplaying for a year.

i have only seen one person with less grasp on the difference between reality and fantasy: timecube.com :) i consider both to be equally correct.

seriously though, dnd had little to do with my moral downfall, it was all the weed!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads