• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Who is your favorite cover artist currently working?

Dausuul

Legend
Lots of Wayne Reynolds fans here. I hate his stuff like poison, myself. :)

My all-time favorite fantasy artist is Frank Frazetta, but of course he's not currently working, what with the being dead. Boris Vallejo is excellent, though I gather he doesn't do much cover art any more. Brom is also very good; I'm not that much into the steampunk or dungeonpunk aesthetic, but I love his style and technique. (As you may have guessed, I'm into the red-tinted, sweat-and-blood, sword-and-sorcery look.)

Larry Elmore is hit-or-miss. Jeff Easley is quite solid.

I have to say, I have seen very little art since the release of 3E that I've really liked, although Todd Lockwood and Richard Sardinha do reasonably well.

Edited to add: And after following the link someone posted below--damn, Michael Komarck is awesome. Definitely put him on my list.

Last edited:

Mercutio01

First Post
John Picacio In particular, this one.
ADVENTURE.jpg

Dan Dos Santos In particular, this one.
full_unicorn.jpg

Longtooth Studios

First Post
It is understandable that Wayne Reynolds is in the spotlight. Having just earned another ENnie for Paizo.

Having admired Larry Elmore for so many years, it would be a dream come true to get to work with him.

They are all very talented artists obviously.

I am coming up with a panel of artists to present to the patrons of my latest project. It will be interesting to find out who is taking jobs right now and if they will make the budget.

Erik Mona

Adventurer
I _LOVE_ that Peter Mullen Swords & Wizardry cover. A spectacular piece of work that perfectly hearkens back to the early D&D art days.

Also Erol Otus.

Also Wayne Reynolds.

--Erik

Remove ads