• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Who is your favorite cover artist currently working?

Doug McCrae

Legend
Wayne Reynolds, Erol Otus and Michael Komarck

Larry Elmore, while good, is too boring for my taste. DiTerlizzi is too twee.

Last edited:

Shemeska

Adventurer
Steve Prescott and Wayne Reynolds

DiTerlizzi would be in there as well, but he's not doing RPG work at the moment, and I'm only including artists still doing our little niche market. :)

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Easley, some Elmore, Brom, Lockwood, DiTerlizzi. Baxa in small doses.

Definitely NOT Reynolds. Every piece of art I think, "That man can't draw an ankle to save his life." He puts in a lot of interesting stuff, sure, but everyone looks wrong.

Jhaelen

First Post
EDIT: Holy crap, somebody likes Micheal Kormarck? I wasn't aware that washed-out photoshopping was popular these days.
Well, now you are ;)
Michael Kormarck is my favorite cover artist these days. I'm particularly fond of his artwork for Call of Cthulhu.
[FONT=&quot]Eva Widermann

Very exciting stuff!
[/FONT]
I'm a big fan of her work and until recently had no problems immediately recognizing her style. Her contributions to the 4e MM3 looked somehow different but still share the one property I love: Realistic and interesting poses and expressions without trying to be photorealistic.

I've not seen a lot of actual cover art by her. She's doing lots of interior illustrations, though.

I don't care much for the two major cover artists for 4e. Wayne Reynolds and William O'Connor. The former is most (in)famous for his impossible, 'wrong' poses, while the latter's works usually have an 'unfinished' look that makes me think of rushed jobs.

At least in O'Connors case I know from a few examples that he can do better.

Longtooth Studios

First Post
Another talented artist has agreed to join the Battlegraph Boxed Project!

MuYoung Kim (aka Mu)

I am always humbled by the amazing talent on display by fantasy artists, but Mu's work is truly breathtaking! SO far, our patrons just cant go wrong in their choice!

Welcome to the project Mu!

Remove ads