• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Who Kills Your PCs?

What percentage of your PCs are killed by other PCs?

• 0%

Votes: 107 45.5%
  • 1%-25%

Votes: 105 44.7%
  • 26%-50%

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • 51%-75%

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • 76%-99%

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • 100%

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Poll closed .

TheNovaLord

First Post
I put 0%, but then I thought

Actually the PC's normally die from some act of stupidity or greed or somesuch so 100% a PC kills a PC, its just the PC, the PC kills is themselves!

JohnD

drothgery

First Post
Almost all of my PC deaths were the result of gambling on an offensive-oriented strategy and failing (i.e. figuring that one more blasting spell or TWF sneak attack barrage or skirmish attack would be sufficient to take out the guy he was currently fighting, despite low hit points). Still works more often than not, though.

I voted at 0%, since it said "since starting 3E." There were a few PC deaths in the older days due to their fellow PCs.

But when I think about it, most of the intentional PC vs. PC moments never resulted in death, only in severe wounding. The only exception that really stands out was in Ravenloft when the one PC decided that he was going to deliberately court the Dark Powers. Finally fed up with his actions, the other two PCs killed him, ending the campaign.

Wombat

First Post
I'd say between accidents, inter-party conflict, and strange circumstances (viewed over 30+ years of gaming) about 4-5% of the PC deaths are due to other PCs in my games.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads