• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Who likes to paint mini's?

Skade

Explorer
Gnome Berzerker said:
... cuz I stink at it.

If I were to send a mini to anybody's house here, would they be willing to paint it? I'll pay for any of the costs.

I love to paint minis, and sometimes I am even half-way decent, but there are plenty of professional painters out there, probably even at your local game shop. Best thing about doing it that way is you know where the guy lives in case he forgets to deliver. :)

Ahrimon

Bourbon and Dice
Ditto on what skade said.

If you are going to pay for it then you should get someone who is really good at it to paint it.

Henrix

Explorer
yes, there are numerous painting services around. Check at TheMiniaturesPage, many of them are linked there.
I could paint it for you, but it seems a waste to mail the mini back and forth across the world. ;)

Gregor

First Post
Gnome Berzerker said:
... cuz I stink at it.

If I were to send a mini to anybody's house here, would they be willing to paint it? I'll pay for any of the costs.

Hey, Im pretty good at mini painting. I used to paint and sell them on Ebay quite regularly. Toss me an email, and if possible send me a pic of the mini and I'll let you know if its within my ability. Id be glad to help out!

email: gregmouchian@hotmail.com
if you're on MSN just use that as my contact info (as im at work right now)

Cheers,

Anavel Gato

First Post
I would be willing to do something like that, but I have a literally about 100+ minis of own to paint...plus I tend toward the drab, all dark colors and the like...
Good luck to you.

Gregor

First Post
Gnome Berzerker said:
... cuz I stink at it.

Hey, I love to paint minis and im pretty good at it (used to paint and sell quite regularly on Ebay). Toss me an email with a pic of the mini so I can see if its within my ability, let me know what you envision in terms of colours, I'll send you some pics of my own work so you can get an idea of my style and if its suitable for you and we're set. Id be glad to help out!

email: gregmouchian@hotmail.com
or use that as my msn contact if you wanna chat about it today!

Cheers,

NewJeffCT

First Post
Anavel Gato said:
I would be willing to do something like that, but I have a literally about 100+ minis of own to paint...plus I tend toward the drab, all dark colors and the like...
Good luck to you.

I'm a decent painter, but never have time to paint (6 month old daughter takes a lot of time now, sweatshop hours & a long commute at my old job before that.)

I have commissioned groups of miniatures to be painted before. I would do a google search of "miniature painting service" and look through there - you'll want prices for 25-30mm scale figures (your typical Warhammer or Reaper mini) - some services offer painting for 10mm to 54mm size figures.

I can recommend Deane Goodwin's painting service - I have used him twice for large groups of orcs & goblins and have been very happy with the results. He went above & beyond my painting request in a good way.

If you have a huge group, I can also recommend Fernando's painting service in Sri Lanka. Not as good a paint job as Deane, but cheaper per miniature and of decent to pretty good quality. I'd recommend express shipping (maybe $30-40 each way), as it will take a month or so if you don't send it express. Make sure you are very specific in your painting instructions (I wanted some figures painted with "black" and "white" skin, thinking African and Caucasian, but got literally coal black and ghost white... very easily touched up, but still an amusing miscommunication)

If you want a few minis painted to a high standard, there are a lot of good painters out there - go to eBay, search "Warhammer painted" or "Reaper painted" and sort by highest priced and you'll often find the highest priced individual minis are being sold by professional painters.

Balgus

First Post
Painting keeps me sane... I guess I have to do a bit more painting, but I still love to do it.

And ditto on the "I have 100+" deal. One of my fav hobbies is to pour through the shelf and buy ones that I don't have yet- which I like...

My local Game store (in San Jose) paints minis on the side. Pretty cool actually if you are planning on buying a lizard army of 100+ figs and don't ant to paint them all. Actually quite cheap too. I hear he charges like $20 for a box set (Warhammer- contains like 16 figs) which works out to be like $1.20 per fig.

Me- I like painting, so never really considered it. I enjoy the feeling of accomplishement when I finally finish one and spray the clear coat on it... B E A Utiful...

Remove ads