• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Who Sues The Watchmen?

Cthulhudrew

First Post
Apparently, 20th Century Fox does.

Wonder if that will hold up this movie. It's still in production, so my guess is simply that Fox sprung this lawsuit knowing how much of an investment was already made to back out of it, so they would just pay them off and keep going.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I know it is too much to hope, but I would love for this to kill the project once and for all.

Not everything can or should be made into a film. :p

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
My friend has had a full tour of the set in Canada, and met with many of the people working on the film. He's one of the top folks in the comics news field. He is very critical when it comes to things like this, and a fan of the comic.

In his opinion, this movie is going to be fantastic. Better than he could have possibly expected.

So have some faith!

Felon

First Post
Richards said:
Are they still changing the ending from the graphic novel? Because that's pretty much a deal-breaker for me.
You mean do they decide to allow a terrorist attack to kill half of New York? I'm going to go with "no" on that one.

Of course, then we'll hear folks complaining about how the comic ripped off the season 1 finale of Heroes.

Wasn't it an earlier draft that was the one that changed the ending?

I haven't heard anything about this current one that's actually being used changing it, though its a possibility. It wouldn't be a deal-breaker for me, but it would definitely make me sad. As ironic as that sounds, the ending is just the perfect culmination of the rest of the events.

Felon

First Post
Mistwell said:
My friend has had a full tour of the set in Canada, and met with many of the people working on the film. He's one of the top folks in the comics news field. He is very critical when it comes to things like this, and a fan of the comic.

In his opinion, this movie is going to be fantastic. Better than he could have possibly expected.

So have some faith!
Very well, duly noted.

Cthulhudrew

First Post
If I'm not mistaken, Alan Moore has said that though he didn't want Watchmen to be made into a movie (he didn't conceive or write it that way), he actually read David Hayter's script and thought if it was to be done, that was the way to do it.

(Quick Google).

Yes, in fact the exact quote from Moore is: "David Hayter's screenplay was as close as I could imagine anyone getting to Watchmen. That said, I shan't be going to see it. My book is a comic book. Not a movie, not a novel. A comic book. It's been made in a certain way, and designed to be read a certain way: in an armchair, nice and cozy next to a fire, with a steaming cup of coffee. Personally, I think that would make for a lovely Saturday night."

I have faith in Solid Snake. :p

Frostmarrow

First Post
Cthulhudrew said:
If I'm not mistaken, Alan Moore has said that though he didn't want Watchmen to be made into a movie (he didn't conceive or write it that way), he actually read David Hayter's script and thought if it was to be done, that was the way to do it.

(Quick Google).

Yes, in fact the exact quote from Moore is: "David Hayter's screenplay was as close as I could imagine anyone getting to Watchmen. That said, I shan't be going to see it. My book is a comic book. Not a movie, not a novel. A comic book. It's been made in a certain way, and designed to be read a certain way: in an armchair, nice and cozy next to a fire, with a steaming cup of coffee. Personally, I think that would make for a lovely Saturday night."

I have faith in Solid Snake. :p

Me too. David Hayter saved X-Men I and II.

Remove ads