Who wants to be a Wayfinder? Part 1

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper nods, seeming a little surprised at the paladin's words, but approving.

"Let them reveal themselves by the questions they ask," she advises. "A trove like that on the island is definitely enough to catch the eye of a House."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Pirate Answers
[SBLOCK]
When questioned about the attack on Oallies ship, the pirate answers that a handful of cowards surrendered. Some were immediately put to the sword, others taken to the brig, and the captain was drug behind the ship on a rope until the sharks took him. The ones the captain put in the brig were later transfered off the ship at the port.

The pirate does not know an exact number, but guesses that nearly three dozen Cloudreavers and two dozen slaves inhabit the port town. No other ships are allowed to approach the island and so any ship that is not one of theirs that shows up in port would be attacked. The ships that patrol the island come in to port every few weeks to resupply. Supply ships arrive once or twice a month. There are usually two ships in the harbor that do not go on patrols or make supply runs, though he doesn't know what they are for.
[/SBLOCK]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
It is early afternoon when you are finally admitted to see Creidan at House Tharask. He is joined by a scribe who records your words as you regail him with the story of your adventure. He listens with hands folded on the desk in front of him, occasionally asking for clarification on certain points. He looks disappointed when your tale is done. "It is a terrible loss, not only the ship, but of the dozens of sailors and Brother Oallie. He was an expert in his field and but always cursed with bad luck. He could find dragonshard fields but often at great cost to his expeditions resources. I am glad at least that you were able to destroy two of the pirates ships and capture two of them. They will receive swift justice, I assure you. Tell me though, did you find anything to show that Brother Oallie was on the right track? The leaders of the House were reluctant to provide him with funds for yet another expedition and it would be good to show that he was vindicated in his conviction."

OOC - I wasn't sure how much you want to tell him. He will know that Oallie was headed to "a island" and the general location, but Oallie kept everything hushed up in fear of someone getting there before him. If you mention the journal or the large dragonshard you discovered he'll want them for study before sending his report on to the Noble.

Shayuri

First Post
(hee...Whisper agrees with Johan on this one, though she won't put up a stink if the others want full disclosure. She says there may be rogue elements within the house...though it's fairly clear she's torn between being a hero to Tharask and reserving potentially valuable info to herself and a few friends.)

SelcSilverhand

First Post
You indicate to Creidan that there wasn't enough information on the wreck itself to indicate one way or another. You only mention that the ship was empty except for the bodies of the dead sailors, and no one matching the description of Oallie was found. Creidan looks disappointed, now having to explain the loss to the heads of the house. "I will put that in my report then, how disappointing. That's not your fault though. I am satisfied with your performance and will be sure to give you a fair evaluation in my final report to Noble Qui ap'Gwyddi. At this time I have no further work to offer you, however if you decide to remain in the region let me know. New situations requiring talented individuals come along every day. If Noble Qui ap'Gwyddi has any further work for you as well I will be sure to pass it along." With that said, he writes out a payment note for the local bank. The note contains a payment of 800gp per person.

Outside the sun is dropping lower in the sky, sunset is only a few hours away. Your bags are heavy with salvaged items from the two shipwrecks and the pirate attack. The inn you stayed at previously is only a few terraces down, but there are a dozen more in town you could choose from. The bank and shops will be open until sundown if you want to cash your bank note or do something with your salvage.

Bront

The man with the probe
Once they're free and clear, "So, we should do some quick research here so we can find out about the island and not put off our employer too much with out delay if we decide to disclose this info. Looks like it's time to hit the books."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
The memories of the last attack and the loss of Jaron moves you to find accommodations at a different inn during your stay. You locate an out of the way inn a few terraces above the dock district. There Whisper uses one of her scrolls to identify the magical chain armor. Once the value of the items were assessed, you set out to locate an armorer willing to take them off your hands. An hour and some bartering later, you finish fencing your armor and purchasing a monocle. Whisper spends the rest of the evening sorting through and identifying the valuables. Johan, Seria, and Midian spend their time discussing what to do about island and how to mount an expedition. They eventually come to the conclusion that the costs involved would be beyond their means and decide to turn over what they know to House Tharask.

The next morning the group returns to meet with Creidan. You tell him about the waterlogged journal, mentioning that you needed to have it magically repaired and transcribed in order to read the contents (a truth, but leaving out when you had done this). Once you knew what was in the journal, you decided to return and discuss the grave implications. Creidan seems unhappy that the information was left out, but hides it well. He questions you further about the contents of the journal until he is satisfied nothing else about the original expedition has been left out. He agrees that there is a possibility that there may be other survivors, and even if there isn't, the House needs to know about this mining operation. He tells you that he is going to start to put together a follow up expedition, this one better prepared for hostilities. He tells you that he will contact you in a few days once he has begun the preparations.

OOC - You'll have 5 days in town for buying, selling, crafting, or ordering any equipment you want.

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - We may want to start a new IC thread, just to keep this one from getting too cluttered...this seems like a good breaking point.)

Remove ads