Who Wants to be a Wayfinder? The New Class

jkason

First Post
Primus said:
“I am Professor d’Ghallanda, but you may call me Kaylin. I’ve been teaching at the University for 15 years and I am very interested in the healing arts. I know, I know, my family name is Ghallanda, not Jorasco, but my dragonmark,” d’Ghallanda said with a smile, showing the mark on the back of her wrist, ”doesn’t dictate what I find fascinating.”

"I'm Midian Rightson," the young druid says. Then he smiles, adding, "And I think I understand, Professor. A family name is never a guarantee of a child's road in life, much as parents may sometime wish it were otherwise."

[OOC: I don't think I ever established how far the Rightson Family Paladins might reach in terms of their notoriety (nor did I establish where they were local to, come to think of it). I'm not particular, so feel free to use or ignore it as you will.]

Shayuri

First Post
"I am Whisper," the masked changeling says with a gesture that's midway between bow and curtsy with the hem of her cloak. "On the generalist arcanist track. My own magic isn't useful for healing of course, but your lecture on thaumic storage organs in paranormal plants and animals was very interesting."

As she spoke, her eyes settled on the dragonmark, squinting a bit as she tried to pick out the crucial whorls and arcs that would distinguish its function and House.

(knowledge check to ID dragonmark? Not sure which skill or DC. :))

Ozmar

First Post
(OOC: Knowledge Nobility perhaps?)

"This unit is designated 'Boromar', and it was designed for infiltration and exploration. This unit can fulfill a variety of assignments related to these specialities, and has been trained to exercise its exploration skills autonomously on long-term assignments. This unit is at your service for your Xen'Drik exploration mission."

When no one is addressing him or speaking of anything of interest, Boromar purposefully inspects the room and examines each of the trinkets on display. If Prof d’Ghallanda objects or if anyone points out that this might be rude, he stops, but otherwise he satisfies his curiosity through examining each item.

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Tel obviously likes the somewhat contrary nature of Professor d'Ghallanda and he smiles and says, "Well, like I said before, I'm Tel. I'm mostly jus' happy t'be here. I can do a lil' fightin', a lil' huntin', and, fer what it's worth, I did pretty good in Professor Tharnak's Species and Denizen's o' Khyber class, and Professor ir'Kallim's Dungeon Raid Theory 101. Other n'that, I'm jus' in pretty good shape."

OOC: It is a Spellcraft check. DC 15 for lesser, +5/ mark increase. DC 18 for Abberant.

Last edited:

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Vhir places both hands over his chest and bows. "Greetings Revered Elder, I am Vhir. I look forward to joining your expedition. I am a skilled hunter and fisher and, so I'm told, I have a gift for healing."

Bront

The man with the probe
"Good to meet you m'lady. I am Johan d'Deneith," Johan bows, flourishing his cape as he does so, "here to help you however you need durring your explorations. I'm looking forward to working with you and learning from a proffessor of your estime and noteriety. Tis good to see someone following their heart's desires and not their families."

Primus

First Post
:Cue up fancy theme music and complicated montage scene including humorous scenes involving travel, dealing with House Orien, and Boromar trying to eat a baby. Oh, that craaaazy warforged!:

The time was 2 bells passed noon. The date the 12th of Dravago, 998YK. Kythri had been coterminous for about two months, and planar cartographers were saying that it would be for another couple of years. The citizens of Khorvaire boarded up for the inevitable storms of bananas or other foreign fruit and everyone got on with their lives. About 1000 feet over the grasslands of Southern Aundair (the strange dark lands known as the Crying Fields), an object obscured the sun, casting a strangely shaped shadow over the countryside.

The airship Que Sympatico wound its way lazily over the countryside. The blazing ring of fire that propelled it through the sky caused the entire ship to have a pretty reddish glow even at midday. Professor d’Ghallanda stood up on deck, conversing with the captain Arack d’Lyrander. Arack was a statuesque half-elf with an eyepatch. He was shirtless since the great warmth created by the elemental ring makes wearing the traditional long coat of a captain quite uncomfortable.

The heroes were arrayed around the ship. Some were on deck. Some were below. All were eager to be on their way. As the crow flies the trip would take 3 more days, or so, though talk of storms ahead had caused Arack to predict a trip of about five days or so.

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper drifted, wraithlike through the ship, exploring its nooks and crannies with evident fascination. Never having been on board a skyship, she was a little disappointed that the sections of the vessel that probably contained the 'interesting stuff' were off limits to passengers. Nonplussed, she returned to the deck, finding a comfortable spot at the prow where she could sit and gaze silently up at the raging storm of fire that had been trapped in the shape of a ring and slaved to the captain's will. If the heat of it bothered her in her cloak and clothing, she showed no hint of it.

Every so often, she thought she could see a face in there. Or was it her imagination? Such terrible fury the elemental must feel. She wondered if they ever let them go and replaced them with new ones, or if they just used the same elemental for year after year...decade after decade...

Finally Whisper turned away to look forward, out over the bow of the ship at the horizon. "That's where I'm going," she said softly. "Take me there."

jkason

First Post
Midian, human druid

"Don't look at me like that," Midian said meekly to Talbot. "How was I supposed to know we'd pick the mission that put us in an airship for a week?"

Midian sat in the live cargo section of the ship, combing the mane of his equine companion, trying to settle him during the unusual and extended stabling. Certainly the airship was expedient, and with all his talk about "everything is natural," he could hardly go around crabbing around about how such a clearly useful conveyance wasn't. Still, he shared Talbot's unease. Every time Midian went up to the deck, all he could do was stare down at all that ... falling space. He eventually left the air sightseeing to his companions, choosing to spend time assuring Talbot that, yes, eventually the world would stop swaying so oddly.

Bront

The man with the probe
It was always a long goodbye at the docks, and Johan had enjoyed his short time in Sharn. He hoped Mellisa, Joan, Samantha, Indre, and Nora all enjoyed what little time he had for them. He had promised none of them any more than a pleasnt meal, and he had manged to explore several of Sharn's hot spots, but he hoped they had not hoped for anything beyond that. Johan waves to the dock as they set off, hoping that at least one of the women came to see him off.

OOC: Johan was going to attempt to see if he could pull some strings and aquire Leather Barding for his horse, and either a Chain Shirt, Breast Plate, or Full Plate for himself (He's counting more on Breast Plate or a Chain Shirt). He can use his Favor in House once per week, and given the time and preperation, he should have had time to do try for both of these.

Remove ads