• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Who was right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moff_Tarkin

First Post
I dont vote. I dont really believe in a democracy. I am not an expert on foreign politics or how to keep a country running, so why should I or any common person of my limited experience be allowed to have a say in how the country is run.

Medicine should be left to the doctors. Car repair should me entirely for mechanics. War should be run by generals alone. And the country should be controlled by a people who know what they are doing. Note: I don’t believe politicians are those people.

Will

First Post
I personally think countries should be run by a panel of male psychologists over the age of 50. It's the only way to have proper perspective, and a sane, coherent approach to running a civilization.

Bicycles should be outlawed, because it encourages people to mingle too much across class strata, which just leads to anarchy. Bicycles and churches.

To bring this a little back on point, nobody should be allowed to play elves. They look too girly and that makes me uncomfortable.

FickleGM

Explorer
Moff_Tarkin said:
First of all, the DM is not doing a rewind. He made a rules mistake, we all do, and it has been corrected. I know that whole thing makes me sound like a jerk. How dare I enforce the rules and make people play fairly.

And second, why is everyone under the impersonation that me and my group had a big, dragged out fight over this? Honestly the discussion at the table lasted about 2 minutes, tops. I’ve let it drag on for 7 pages here because this is an internet forum for people with nothing better to do. Its not like I wasted our game time arguing about it. I stated my case, the party said no, and I said ok because I wasn’t going to waste game time. Arguments or made for the internet chat board where that’s all people do.
Define everyone.

I have no problem with anyone enforcing the rules. I'm going to go way out on a thin limb and say that until others brought up the problem with sundering your shield that this had very little to do with the rules and very much to do with that which you thought that your character was entitled.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter

Folks,

Real-world politics is not an appropriate subject for discussion on these boards. Please discontinue that line, and move on to something else.

Moff_Tarkin

First Post
Sorry Umbran, didnt want to make a political statemnet, just clearing up that I am not a fellow american voter. Now back on topic.

People have said they want to hear things from the group’s position. The truth is that hurts their case. This has always been an antagonistic group. Any game where they are allowed to play evil they always end up trying to kill each other on in the first session. And any misfortune on other players is usually met with smiles and laughter.

That antagonism is something I have a problem with at times. Its not so much the fact that the DM broke my shield but that he wanted my shield to break. Some times bad stuff happens, shields get broken. But when the guy sits there with a ****-eating grin on his face, happy at your loss, you cant feel but the slightest bit upset.

And before anyone says something dumb like “Maybe they are picking on you for being a jerk” remember that it’s just the way this group is. In fact I am one of the most valuable members. Every time there is a group split and half the people refuse to work with the other half, I am the one both groups are fighting over to get on their side. Most have said its because they enjoy my very morbid/racist/offensive humor. I’m like Lenny Bruce and George Carlin’s love child.

mmadsen

First Post
Moff_Tarkin said:
In fact I am one of the most valuable members. Every time there is a group split and half the people refuse to work with the other half, I am the one both groups are fighting over to get on their side. Most have said its because they enjoy my very morbid/racist/offensive humor. I’m like Lenny Bruce and George Carlin’s love child.
You, sir, are a catch. (I hope this is all a fun troll for reactions and not at all serious, because... wow. Just wow.)

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
M_T said:
Now do you see why you should argue anything, even a lost cause, to the bitter end?
Skimming this thread conjured back all sorts of terrible memories. I ran a game with a player who argued at the table like Moff_Tarkin argued here. He is a good friend, but brought the game to a stand still on more than one occasion, frequently on points of Paladin conduct. We are setting up to resume gaming together after a five year break, I can only hope he has changed.

I had his paladin turn up as a death knight in a later campaign, still insisting that he was remaining true to the paladin code. Petty, but cathardic.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him) 🇺🇦🇵🇸🏳️‍⚧️
Moff_Tarkin said:
First of all, the DM is not doing a rewind. He made a rules mistake, we all do, and it has been corrected. I know that whole thing makes me sound like a jerk. How dare I enforce the rules and make people play fairly.

Has anyone really been complaining about this? I don't think so. It's not the result of applying the rules correctly, it's crowing about a victory when the path to resolution was tangential to your primary argument.
It's like claiming to successfully poison someone when you've poisoned the soup but they choked to death on the breadstick you thoughtfully included on the platter.

Sparafucile

First Post
mmadsen said:
You, sir, are a catch. (I hope this is all a fun troll for reactions and not at all serious, because... wow. Just wow.)

I'm beginning to suspect this as well.

I want more, man . . . give me the T-shirt, the hamburger francise, and a widdle M_T stuffed doll. I'll buy it all and still wish for more. God bless you, dude!

P.S. Please don't shut down this thread, dear moderator. I'll be happy to talk about anything. . . at this point, it can be completely random. For example, what are the OP's thoughts on Dwarven Craftsmanship and mithril?

I'll bet the answer is funny as hell . . .

:) :) :) :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads