• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Who Will Get the Axe?

Klaus

First Post
Wow - I'm really feeling the love!

It's been amazing to see all the message boards, blogs, and personal emails singing my praises. I had no idea anyone cared so this is awesome.

Thanks everyone for all the support. :D
I think if there was any chance that a show of support would make the bigwigs reverse that decision, Linae, you'd be back on the job in no-time. The community recognized your sincerity and hard work, and the endurance you've shown when taking flak from missteps that weren't even your own.

Second, assuming the layoffs are correlated directly to 4e sales is specious at best. Consider:
a)Development is over. Maintenance is a lot easier. Fewer people are needed.
b)...
Lizard,

Just b/c you can rationalize a certain piece of information in a particular way, your rationalization does not automatically make it factual.

You arguing *around* the issue and creating more nonsensical/irrelevant flak.

Bottom line is this, 4E is a good rule system. Hands down. But, nevertheless, WOTC is a bad company from a customer perspective. Again, hands down.

One day, I'm sure we will know the behind the scenes story. But that day is not now. Until then, the general perception (maybe not yours, but the general perception) is one of malice and wrong-doing on the part of WOTC corporate leadership.

Lastly, the word choice in re: to the use of "conflate" could not be more apropo coming from you as you seem to be master at conflating issues.

IAE, if you want to argue "Is 4e a success?", take it to a forked thread.
Why so bossy? Who are you to bark orders such as this? Why don't you simply relax and think about what you type (a time or two) before you actually type it. I hope I never meet you in person.

b)4e "raised the bar" as to what level of sales could be expected. Product lines which seemed to be "acceptable" now look "underperforming". Why not cut them and shift the survivors to D&D?
Pure speculation. You know not wherein you speak.

c)It's always easier to bring in the next crop of freelancers at reduced salaries and get rid of the old hands who have earned benefits.
Again, you have no way of knowing that this was the intent. More speculative drivel.

d)If 4e was a flop, wouldn't the Brand Manager be getting the axe as well?
..false dilemma. Look it up.

e)Corporations don't use Earth Logic. Attempting to apply it will always result in headaches and wrong conclusions.
Are you kidding me?

f)Gleemax was the "shot across the bow". Someone at corporate realized,too late, that they couldn't outdo MySpace. This has nothing to do with 4e's success
Must I say it again....

Lizard

Explorer
One day, I'm sure we will know the behind the scenes story. But that day is not now. Until then, the general perception (maybe not yours, but the general perception) is one of malice and wrong-doing on the part of WOTC corporate leadership.

And what does this have to do with the post I was responding to, which claimed the 4e launch could not be considered a financial success?

I happen to agree that WOTC has managed to squander the good reputation they worked so hard to build back when they first took over D&D. But how is that relevant to my post?

Why so bossy? Who are you to bark orders such as this? Why don't you simply relax and think about what you type (a time or two) before you actually type it. I hope I never meet you in person.

I was trying to avoid thread drift. I am SUCH a horrible, evil, person. Did I mention I kick puppies in my spare time?

Remove ads