• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Who Will Get the Axe?

DM-Rocco

Explorer
Linae Foster's email address autoreplies with: "I am no longer with Wizards of the Coast. Please contact Scott Rouse for an inquiries regarding licensing for Dungeons & Dragons."

That's a damn shame. I liked Linae.

Regarding Linae Foster, I liked working with her. I guess I assume that any arrangement I had with her regarding licensing of 3.5 and 4e content is still valid unless I hear from someone else saying otherwise.

Perhaps I need to e-mail Scott Rouse to make sure. Dang, he can be hard to get ahold of.

DM-Rocco

Explorer
For some time now, WotC has been doing ads in Dark Horse comic titles. I'm betting other comic publishers as well. They've also been doing banner advertising on gaming-related or geek-focused sites, as well as comparatively increased coverage in Wired magazine and other news outlets.

TV is probably not profitable for them.

I didn't see it come up very often, but I did see some ads on tv for 4e. So, they thought it was worth something.

JoeGKushner

First Post
For some time now, WotC has been doing ads in Dark Horse comic titles. I'm betting other comic publishers as well. They've also been doing banner advertising on gaming-related or geek-focused sites, as well as comparatively increased coverage in Wired magazine and other news outlets.

TV is probably not profitable for them.

Thanks for that buzz. I remember the terrible ads that were like, "If you're going to pretend to be an elf" for 3rd, but don't recall any for 4th ed.

I would suggest that Linae possibly enter the consulting route for a while. I am sure there are probably a number of 3pp that would be willing to pay a former insider a pretty penny to help them navigate the GSL, whether they intend on signing or not. That is unless the terms of her severance precludes this, which would be a shame. She might even consider returning the severance as the consulting gig might be even more profitable.

Formerly Dickens, if you don't like what Lizard has to say or the way he says it then skip his posts. If you need assistance with that then use the Ignore feature. That's why it's there. This snarky dissection of his posts is not an approach that leads to productive discussion. So cut that out.
Jump on the bandwagon much? Am I going to be banned for disagreeing with another poster? I'm not outside of the posting guidelines. But my post does not agree with moderators or established posters, therefore I must be wrong. Well, I understand. My apologies. ..In Soviet ENWorld, .... awe never mind! :]:]

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Jump on the bandwagon much? Am I going to be banned for disagreeing with another poster? I'm not outside of the posting guidelines. But my post does not agree with moderators or established posters, therefore I must be wrong. Well, I understand. My apologies. ..In Soviet ENWorld, .... awe never mind! :]:]

You weren't outside guidelines by that much, thus all you got was a warning.

But you committed a cardinal sin with this post. Whoops! We'll see you in three days; in the meantime, feel free to review the very strict and clear rules about not arguing with moderation in threads.

DM-Rocco

Explorer
This 112 page thread over on the WotC boards should explain it. Much of the posting relates to complaints against him and the state of community management over there during his tenure.

Okay, I tok a look at the last page and the front page but I admit I don't have the time to sift through 3000+ posts. Is the basic story that WOTC had no one watching out on the boards and then they had this Mike guy do it and he went nuts? Or can someone sum up 3000+ posts in a paragraph or two?

Last edited:

Wonka

First Post
Jump on the bandwagon much? Am I going to be banned for disagreeing with another poster?

For what its worth, I believe the issue, as was pointed out, is the MANNER in which you went about disagreeing. The rest of that post, well, you had to know what was coming next.

Sorry to drift off topic, back to the issue at hand. Im sorry to hear about everyone who has been let go. Regardless of the reasons, probably which we will NEVER know for sure, you never like to hear about people losing their jobs. I wish everyone let go the best of luck.

DM-Rocco

Explorer
Wow. You actually just posted suppositions about peoples behavior and motivations in a damaging way after refusingto read a thread. After your "shirt" incident I'd think you'd be more sensitive.

The two are not the same, although I can see why you might think that way.

In the case of the shirts, Mistwell accused me of something based on rumor and conjecture. In this thread, I read the last page and the first page and my quick summation is that, based on what a few people said about this Mike person here and what I read on those two pages in the link, this Mike fellow seemed to be the cause of a controversy and I just wanted to understand more.

Now, I didn't say, "let's burn down WOTC until we have Mike's Blood," I simply wanted to understand the whole situation without having to read over 3000 posts. If it was only something like 10 pages I would read that by myself, but I don't even think Crothain has time to read that much.

I did see a lot of people who seemed to praise this Mike fellow in this thread so it confused me and that is when I wanted to learn more about what the whole 3000 + post was all about.

Anyway, I just wanted to see if I was understanding the issue at hand or if there was something else I didn't see.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads