• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Who would like to be EN World's official WotC correspondent? [Paid Job]

Status
Not open for further replies.

nedjer

Adventurer
I am not sure what you are implying. The reason I am asking permission of WotC to post this ad there is because the WOtC forums have fairly strict rules against advertising. Posting an ad for a paid position for a competing website comes very close, in my mind, to advertising and thus breaking the WOtC forums ToS.

Chill dude :) Merely that crusty old cynics like me might see the symbiotic relationship between ENWorld and WoTC as less well defined if the 'correspondent' is also a WoTC 'correspondent'.

When WoTC luminaries are interviewed us crusty cynics like this:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uwlsd8RAoqI"]Paxman[/ame]

(No political disqualifications please - Howard's out of politics a long time and has admitted that it was pretty funny - in hindsight).

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Chill dude :) Merely that crusty old cynics like me might see the symbiotic relationship between ENWorld and WoTC as less well defined if the 'correspondent' is also a WoTC 'correspondent'.

When WoTC luminaries are interviewed us crusty cynics like this:

Paxman

(No political disqualifications please - Howard's out of politics a long time and has admitted that it was pretty funny - in hindsight).

There's a big difference between an elected representative and someone who's just trying to sell a game to you. :)

nedjer

Adventurer
There's a big difference between an elected representative and someone who's just trying to sell a game to you. :)

Predictably, I'd have a slightly unconventional take on that.

I see the politics of our games delivering a more direct impact on our lives than the games of our politics.

But then I have had a couple of glasses of fine malt whisky :cool:

Wizards/DnD Correspondent

As the position would entail news more than reviews, I would like to point out that Geekerati was an interview podcast and has featured the following individuals as guests:

Brandon Sanderson -- Elantris
John Rogers -- Leverage
Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman
Shelly Mazzanoble
David Goetch -- Big Bang Theory

Christian Lindke

Matt James

Game Developer
Thank you very much for this opportunity. I am Christopher and run the game site gamingtonic.com. My website is not devoted to any one system and I am proud of that. I have been playing D&D for 28 years and have enjoyed their books and board games over the years whether produced by TSR or now WOTC.

I am independently employed so I have the time that is necessary to focus on the job, and to see that it is done in a fashion which reflects both Enworld's high standards as well as my own. I do attend Gen Con as well as several other cons each year.

I have a background in advertising and know how to conduct myself in a professional manner as well as communicate with many clients electronically or by telephone in order to build rapport and relationships. I believe if you spend a few minutes at my website you will see that I have a lot of experience with role-playing games and WOTC and try to be non-biased in my approach.

Thank you very much for the time and consideration and I hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,
Christopher Hackler
www.gamingtonic.com

If this position has not been filed yet, I would like to recommend Gaming Tonic.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'm going to close this because I have enough applicants to consider. Thanks everyone! I has me some thinkin' to do!

I've also split out the applications from the general conversation to make life easier - so don't worry: they haven't disappeared.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads