• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Who would you pick to design Fourth Edition?

Ghostwind

First Post
I'd want people who aren't afraid to think outside of the box and be willing to roast cattle. People like Michelle Lyons, Hellhound, Dextra, and Napftor to name a few. ;)

Napftor

Explorer
Ghostwind said:
I'd want people who aren't afraid to think outside of the box and be willing to roast cattle. People like Michelle Lyons, Hellhound, Dextra, and Napftor to name a few. ;)

Hey, I'm in that list. There must be some mistake. ;) Right back at ya, Steve. You and Kevin make a good team and would do good 4th edition work.

Torm

Explorer
A pattern will quickly emerge. :D

Mark Blank and Dave Lebling - authors of the Interactive Fiction "Zork I", "Zork II", and "Zork III", and "Enchanter"
Brian Moriarty - author of the Interactive Fiction "Beyond Zork", "Wishbringer", and "Trinity"
Steve Meretzky - author of the Interactive Fiction "Planetfall", "Stationfall", and "Sorceror"
Arther Byron Cover - author of the novelizations of "Planetfall" and "Stationfall".
Craig Shaw Gardner - author of the novelization of "Wishbringer"
George Effinger - author of "The Zork Chronicles"
Robin W. Bailey - author of the novelization of "Enchanter", and "The Lost City of Zork"
Me, and my gaming group
The two girls (women, now, I guess) who I used to see every time my dad's employers would have a Christmas, New Year, or July 4th party, and we would swap Infocom gaming notes. And their little brother, who introduced me to D&D in the first place. :D

Playtesters would be selected from ENWorlders, of course. :)

Pants

First Post
Okay... Revising my Opinion...
- Mike Mearls
- Rich Baker
- Robin Laws
- Bruce Cordell
- John Cooper (plus a crack team of editors to bring the quality back up!)

The Maybe Spot (If only because I'm not too familiar with their aptitude at creating mechanics):
- Keith Baker
- Sean K. Reynolds

Remove ads