• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Who's getting the freebies from RPGNow?

I've picked up most of the stuff.

For me the highlights are:

Monday:
E-Z TILES: Dungeon Set 1
Dungeon Crawl Classics #51.5: Sinister Secret of Whiterock

Tuesday:
War of the Burning Sky #1: The Scouring of Gate Pass

Wednesday:
E-Z DUNGEONS: Item Pack 1
Behind the Spells: Vampiric Touch

Thursday:
Xcrawl Core Rulebook

Friday: Book of Challenges

The Book of Challenges has been the one 3E book that I wanted but never got around to picking up. I own the 3.0E Xcrawl Core Rulebook and the 3.5E PDF version has been on my wishlist for many months now. To pick it up for free is a huge bonus for me.

A few of the other PDF's sound interesting. There are quite a few systems that I've never heard of before so it will be nice to see what's out there.

Olaf the Stout

Thanks for the head's up. I downloaded the Ptolus: Praemal supplement and The Scouring of Gate Pass. Hope to use both at some point in the future but will definitely read both now and will spread the word.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I've been picking up whatever catches my fancy, which is a good deal of stuff. ;) I'm really jazzed about ToH tomorrow, since I've been waffling on it ever since the 4e announcement. Now my mind is made up for me! :D

Jason Anderson

First Post
Inferno! said:
My wife wants the Veggie Patch game (available tomorrow) to see if she can turn it into a Veggie Tales game for our little ones.
It's intended to be a simple game, so hopefully they will like it. Although in hind sight I would have done a few things differently to make it even simpler. Maybe in the second edition :)

Cheers,
Jason (publisher/author of "The Veggie Patch")

Soel

First Post
Picked up Sinister Secret of Whiterock (this Will get used, its such a cool adv,) Scouring of Gate Pass (to check out the series,) Claw, Claw, Bite #9, EZ Dungeons, and Last Tomb. Will take a week or so for me to ceck them all out.

I tried to dl Bits of Darkness-Dungeons and Ptolus-World of Praemal, but I'm getting error messages. Is there a dl limit that I didn't see?

If broke, I hope its fixed by tomorrow, cause Tome of Horrors-Revised is calling (have the original, but I'd love to get this pdf for free.)

Jason Anderson

First Post
Soel said:
I tried to dl Bits of Darkness-Dungeons and Ptolus-World of Praemal, but I'm getting error messages. Is there a dl limit that I didn't see?
You can download each file 5 times, but there's no limit to the number of products you can "buy". Check your account history to see if the download links are there - there was probably a server glitch at the time due to the high levels of traffic the site is getting.

Boregar

First Post
I keep getting the following error message when I click on any of the download links -

Database error on page /one_click_relay.php

1062 - Duplicate entry '2' for key 7

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Stormrunner

Explorer
I'm still on dialup, and I really hate the fact that they are forcing the "one-click buy" on all the free items. It means you HAVE to download each item before you can buy the next one, and on dialup, that means it takes 1-2 hours to buy each item. As a result I was only able to buy 1 item (WotBS 1) last night before I had to get some sleep (I went to bed with it still downloading - hope it completed successfully) and this morning I am getting the same error Boregar is getting (at least it's not just me!), and in 15 min I have to go to work. So I missed Monday, only was able to get one item from Tuesday - so far it's not been that great a deal for me... :(

(edit) and yes, I checked my account and one-click is turned OFF...so it's definitely being forced on a per-item basis.

and OT, is the regular price for Sinister Secret of Whiterock really a hundred dollars? Yowza!
(edit) Ah, they've fixed it, it's now $2.

Anyway, what I would have gotten but couldn't was:
Bits of Darkness:Dungeons
Claw/Claw/Bite issue 9
Elemental Dimension of Magic
To the Marrow
Ptolus: World of Praemal
Simply Prestige
The Last Tomb
Future Armada: Venture
RuneQuest

Last edited:

Turanil

First Post
Boregar said:
I keep getting the following error message when I click on any of the download links -

Today I have the same problem. Yesterday it worked fine, but as I had not downloaded everything I went back and tried for smething else. I got the same error message as you... :\

redmagerush

First Post
Boregar said:

It might be part of the deal where each one is only available for a day. Not sure when the pdfs from the previous day stop being active for free. I know the new day's don't start until 10 am EST.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads