• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Who's Gonna Drive You Home Tonight? Disney/Pixar's "Cars"

Went to see Cars with the kids last night. I'd heard medium-good to very good things about it, but my expectations weren't real high. I think it was a pretty decent movie--very well animated (of course) and the story was serviceable though not one of Pixar's best ones. The cars themselves are quite well done, and they do seem to reflect their voices' personality. My kids (6 and 5) really liked it, and they'd just been to McDonald's so they had one of the Cars toys with them and played with that on the way home and this morning. It managed to keep their attention the whole time, though I think it's a little long--not just for a "kids movie" but just in general. Maybe it's because it's telling such a well-worn story, but I found myself drifting off a bit in the middle.

If I were star-rating it, I'd say 3 out of 4. Good film, one adults will probably like (if not love). In terms of animated movies, it was light years ahead of Ice Age 2 and quite a bit better (for me) than Over the Hedge, but not nearly as good as, say, Toy Story 1 or 2.

Lhorgrim

Explorer
I agree with you Monk.

I took my son(3) to see it Friday afternoon. He enjoyed it, but by the end he was very fidgety. I think it was a tad too long for the kids. I drifted in the middle too. I think you're right, we've heard this story many times in our lives and we knew where it was going.

Still, a good movie for the youngsters. Just make sure they are rested before going in.

Remove ads