• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Who's on first? (Forked Thread: [WotC_Logan] Why is Tiamat Huge?)

Which should take first priority in design?

Remathilis

Legend
Compromise.

While I agree Tiamat should've been larger than huge, I accept the fact that their was already two Legends DDM figures pulled (Orcus & Dracolich) and the cost:benefit ratio for something like Tiamat (really, spending $45 for a fight your probably going to have once?) isn't worth it.

So I accept that the best thing for WotC is to use the already made huge Tiamat, and the best thing for us is have WotC make a Tiamat figure we can use (well, by randomness anyway. The eBay cost on that thing...)

That said, I think there will be a dearth from this point forward of "larger than huge" monsters; its unprofitable to make mini's for them, and they really do stretch the boundaries of believability. (Really, how much land does a Colossal dragon NEED to live?)

ferratus

Adventurer
I think the fact that minis aren't going to be gargantuan very often means that the D&D icon minis really lost WotC a lot of money.

That's a shame, because they were good show pieces as well as miniatures.

jensun

First Post
If you dont use minis you can make her whatever size you damn well want.

If you do use minis and you want to use her then you want that mini to be accessible.

I fail to see your problem.

ferratus

Adventurer
If you dont use minis you can make her whatever size you damn well want.

If you do use minis and you want to use her then you want that mini to be accessible.

I fail to see your problem.

Oh, it isn't a problem. It is an excuse for people to take a small complaint from a game they don't even play and blow it up into a huge issue so they can complain for the next week about it.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
It's a philosophy question, not a specific instance question.

Minis have never improved my games, ever.

Therefore, my perspective should be obvious. ;)

That said, I think monsters of that size work better as setpieces than as discrete monsters, anyway. Anything you can climb on the back of demands an EPIC multi-tiered challenge, not just "roll...hit...damage...repeat"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads