• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Who's the Biggest RPG Company?

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
dmccoy1693 said:
I thought I heard that Mongoose is #3.

That may have been true at one time, though they've recently shut down their in-house printing operation and not too long ago, laid off several employees (IIRC).

MKMcArtor

First Post
Dendread said:
I mean, besides Wizards of the Coast, does anyone know who the biggest tabletop RPG company out there is? I'd be interested in what people think/know in terms of both body counts and profitability.

The last we heard, it was WotC, WW, Paizo. I think that was in terms of revenue. Or maybe it was from a distributor or something. Anyway, it's probably also an accurate guess at staff size as well. :)

arscott

First Post
kenobi65 said:
That'd probably be a good guess, though GURPS seems to be a minority of SJG's sales over the past few years (they've been putting most of their resources behind Munchkin, which continues to sell like hotcakes for them).
Then again, WotC has magic, which I am told is a bigger seller than D&D.

Nyarlathotep

Explorer
jdrakeh said:
That may have been true at one time, though they've recently shut down their in-house printing operation and not too long ago, laid off several employees (IIRC).

Interesting... I would have thought they were going great guns over there. Anyone know anything else about this?

James Heard

Explorer
What about GW? Their roleplaying games are obviously a minor function of the company, but they're probably rolling in it compared to a lot of companies.

Remove ads