• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WHTIE BOX & MORE

ScribesOfSparn

First Post
So, with the release of S&W'S white box, and OSR getting so much bigger, do you think there's a place for it in the large scope of commercial table top?.. or is it better to keep it close knit?.. anyone's opinion?

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I think Goodman, Troll Lord, Frog God and LotFP have already proven there's a successful business for OSR. I think the real question is how well OSR companies can make good on WotC's early promises that 5E would be compatible with OSR materials. If the license, or whatever they're going to issue this fall, isn't as much of a mess as the 4E one, I can see OSR adventures and supplements being promoted to both audiences. (Obviously, Necromancer/Frog God is already taking their shot at this with their new Kickstarter.)

Honestly, I'm just looking forward to picking though both piles for my C&C campaign. Win-win for all involved.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads