Why are Warforged so bad?

Flyspeck23

First Post
Andor said:
If you were to look at the warforged in a void, then yeah, they're probably not the best race you could pick.

However if you look at them in the context of their setting they look a lot better. There are numerous cool items that only work for them, plot points centered on them. Most importantly there is the artificer class. A warforged backed up by an artificer or a warforged who is himself an artificer could not care less about clerical healing, and has access to a whole bunch of buffing.

That's worth repeating: warforged without any artificers (or at least without the repair spells) are weak. With them they're ok.

Ibram

First Post
I just cant seem to "get" the idea of playing a construct. I know it makes sense in the Ebberon setting, but its just to strange (almost silly) for a campaign I'd run.

Gez

First Post
*Emphatically dittoes what Tracy said.*

IMC, the warforged have the extraplanar subtype. They, along with modrons, maugs, inevitables, and keepers (which are all at various thresholds of "mechanicism"), all come from the same planet, which kinda double as a clockwork world of all-controlling Law.

I'll have to get the players in trouble with them. When they get cornered by a bunch of keepers, start to win the fight, and then the remaining keepers summon a pair of warforged titans... It would be a great fight scene.

Kesh

First Post
Hand of Evil said:
I don't have a problem with them but now Drow are creeping into the setting and I think I can say it may have 'jumped the shark'. :)
Creeping? From what I understand, they were always there. They just aren't major players, and are mostly restricted to a continent that doesn't get detailed.

Not to mention there are different Drow: the Umbragen (shadow elves), the scorpion worshippers, and the "extinct" ones in the Ring of Storms (detailed in the latest Dungeon).

Remove ads