• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Why aren't flat chested women ever barmaids?

S'mon

Legend
IRL: the bar maid stands behind the bar wearing low-cut top. She leans over to pull a pint. This provides an attractive visual for the male beer-buyer.

IamTheTest

First Post
In my experience as a server tip money is more a question of being able to read and react to people than it is to being attractive or not. Sure occasionally one of the pretty girls will get a good tip just for being pretty, but I do much better on the whole for knowing how to talk and, more importantly, listen to people.

I think that fantasy barmaids are voluptuous because they are 'fantasy' barmaids. When was the last male fantasy about a stick woman?

Also, the idea that extra mass up and to the front would help one balance several pints (that are typically held to the top and front) is physically counterintuitive. Now if the barmaids had extra junk in the trunk...that would definitely help to stabilize the loading.

amazingshafeman

First Post
Olgar Shiverstone said:
Which explains why Pirates > ninjas.

:D

Yeah, but traditionally, ninjas bathe, and if I'm on the receiving end of a butt kicking, I'd rather the kicker be a jasmine scented fire-cracker shrouded in mystery than an unshaven, cod-breathed, drunken hooligan (and yes, I refer to a female pirate here) regardless of the size of the knocks knocking me out. :)

Last edited:

Tinner

First Post
At the risk of spoiling all those wonderful juvenile humor with a small dose of reality ... it's the wardrobe.
The stereotypical barmaid is always depicted in fantasy artwork as wearing a traditional peasant blouse and corset combo.
Having worked medieval faires for many years, I can assure you that not all those barmaids are really that well endowed. The corset just helps push things forward. As my wife explains it "The Corset creates a solid shelf to display the goods on."
So even if a barmaid isn't that busty, she's going to appear moreso in her work clothes.

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
Tinner said:
At the risk of spoiling all those wonderful juvenile humor with a small dose of reality ... it's the wardrobe.
The stereotypical barmaid is always depicted in fantasy artwork as wearing a traditional peasant blouse and corset combo.
Having worked medieval faires for many years, I can assure you that not all those barmaids are really that well endowed. The corset just helps push things forward. As my wife explains it "The Corset creates a solid shelf to display the goods on."
So even if a barmaid isn't that busty, she's going to appear moreso in her work clothes.

You mean like when you compare the attached images?

Attachments

• KK corset.jpg
    KK corset.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 153
  • KK.jpg
    KK.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 153

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads