• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Why Can't We Report XP Comments?

Zhaleskra

Adventurer
This has only recently started to annoy me. I have seen at least one case of an XP comment getting mod edited for personal attacks. What annoys me is that it seems we have to wait for a mod to see it while people get away with embedding group and personal attacks into XP comments. Giving XP should not be a way to circumvent the rules.

fba827

Adventurer
i speak with no authority here, but it might be possible to report the post to which the offending xp comment is listed and then in the details of the report put down that it is the xp comment to which you are trying to draw attention.

since, as far as i understand it, reporting a post doesn't automatically get the poster in trouble or anything but instead simply flags that post and makes a thread in the private admin forums so that one of the admins can get to it...

anyway, just a thought, but someone with actual authority is free to give a 'real' answer

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Right, report the post. There's a good chance we'll miss it otherwise.

And remember, XP comments should follow the same rules as the rest of the site. No edition wars, no being a jerk, no swearing -- all the expected stuff.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Specifically, as fba827 suggests - report the post, and let us know, "It isn't the post itself, but the comment by JohnQ that I find problematic..."

Remove ads