• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Why did you subscribe to DDI?

jujutsunerd

Explorer
I'm wondering what reasons people subscribed to DDI for.

I subscribed as I was then dm-ing a 4e campaign and figured everything would be useful.

What content are you actually using?

I soon figured out that 4e wasn't for me (way too flavorless), so I turned over the campaign to a player and built a genasi swordmage to play with.

So, I pretty much only use the character builder, I barely even glance at the magazines. I hope against hope that the visualizer will eventually be released as that could be used for other games. (And, I guess, to visualize my pc.)

/Jonas

Dungeon and Dragon.

I've not even installed the character builder. I've looked at the compendium, but haven't really used it much yet. Probably won't - I use third party stuff as much as WotC stuff, and that, of course, isn't in there. I'll get the powers that come with the minis that way though. :)

MrMyth

First Post
Subscribed for Dragon Content. Use that, the Rules Compendium and the Character Builder. So... an extremely good deal, from my end.

Drammattex

First Post
Character builder and potential other features.
I occasionally read an article, but it's the software that's most important to me. The Compendium has proven to be a great resource. I hope it continues to get better.

Cadfan

First Post
I subscribed for the compendium. I've been using the character builder a lot, because its more user friendly than the compendium for certain things.

I read the magazines, but I wouldn't subscribe just for them since a lot of their material shows up in the compendium anyways. Though I have liked some of the short adventures and sidequests in Dungeon.

Asmor

First Post
Originally, for Dragon.

Then, I started using some Dungeon adventures, even though classically I've never run published adventures before.

Then, I started using the Compendium, even though I wasn't interested in it at first.

And now I'm using the character builder extensively, to the point that I've actually stopped trying to introduce house rule elements such as races which are difficult to do in the character builder.

catsclaw227

First Post
I signed up for Dragon and Dungeon. And now I have SO MUCH MORE. The compendium, the character builder, the bonus tools.

Totally worth it in every imaginable way.

Festivus

First Post
When Paizo had the magazines, my preference was Dungeon over Dragon. Now, my view is the opposite. I like Dragon much more than Dungeon.

I subscribe to DDI for Dragon and the Character Builder mostly, but also for the bonus tools.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads